Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 & Custom ICC Profiles  (Read 961 times)

John Caldwell

Z3200 & Custom ICC Profiles
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:30:32 pm »

What experience would you care to share regarding custom ICC profiles, meaning those not made in association with Paper Presets within the Z3200? I have the feeling that some of my Presets are better than others, as some predict print results to a spectacular degree, while others fail to predict unexpectedly dark prints. Color balances are generally good across papers, athough excessive warmth can be a feature with some media.

If you do profile targets by some other method, ow do you incorporate those profiles into a Paper Preset, and what have you found in terms of Preset parameters other than ICC, such as Ink Limit adjustments?

The paper that disappoints me most is the Harman Baryta Gloss, so I'm tempted to pay for a custom profile for that paper. By this I mean that the prints are lovely, but the quartertone to midtone range is moderately dark.

Thank you,

John Caldwell

artobest

Re: Z3200 & Custom ICC Profiles
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 03:34:29 pm »

Associating profiles with presets is easy - it's done in the Color Center (Paper Preset Management/Install Profile).

I have made some profiles with other spectros and installed them this way - it can get confusing, because after synchronisation you end up with two very similarly named ICC profiles on your system - and they appear to be radically different (that is, they soft-proof differently: different linearity and paper colour). I can't recall if I've ever done a head-to-head test between them.

For checking ink limits, nothing beats printing out test images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up