Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A85 or DX7440 or ?, how to compare?  (Read 1223 times)

mjc_2000

A85 or DX7440 or ?, how to compare?
« on: September 21, 2004, 09:52:30 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Hi,

I want a "reasonable" priced digital camea.  I am just an average person who take family and vacation photos (I will pobably take photos of my transmission so I can remember how to put it back together the same way it came apart).  It would be nice to have a few advanced features just to "play" with.  Up till now the only digital camera I have had is a $50 eye-q .... just a toy with a long, long shutter lag.

I am trying to stay in the $200 to $300 range (I figure another $100 for memory and extra battery).  After comparing figures till I am cross eyed, I think it has come down to the canon A85 or kodak DX7440.  Both are around $275 - $300.  I had looked at the S414, s410 and others but they did not get as high of ratings (depending on how wrote the review).

The canon has the advantage of aa cells and a CF card but only has a 3x zoom.  The kodak uses a special battery and SD card but has a 4x zoom.

I tried to find differences in the reviews but both seem to be about the same.  I keep thinking of kodak as "cheap" but probably should not.

I guess what is important to me is photo quality and shutter lag (heard may friends complaining they "missed" that special momemt).

Any suggestions between the two (or any other camera I should consider)?

Thanks .... Mike [/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up