Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe ACPU + 10.5.8 + ipf6100 = nothing  (Read 3655 times)

shewhorn

• http://
Adobe ACPU + 10.5.8 + ipf6100 = nothing
« on: December 04, 2010, 03:14:44 pm »

Anyone else out there unable to print to a Canon ipf6100 from the Adobe Color Printer Utility?

On the particular machine I'm using I'm running 10.5.8. When I click print, the imagePROGRAF print monitor shows up but there's no job associated with it, it's just blank. The printer receives nothing. I removed the 6100 from the print and fax preferences, I then ran the installer and clicked uninstall. After that I went to Library/Printers and deleted the Canon folder. Finally I went to library/preferences and users/username/library/preferences and deleted all prefs.

I restarted and reinstalled the driver.
I ran disk utility and repaired permissions.
I restarted.

STILL it won't print.

I also tried the app by doing a get info and launching it in 32 bit mode but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Joe

Doyle Yoder

Re: Adobe ACPU + 10.5.8 + ipf6100 = nothing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 03:28:46 pm »

You don't have Fast Graphic Process check on in the driver do you.

shewhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »

You don't have Fast Graphic Process check on in the driver do you.

Nope. Fast Graphic Process is greyed out. Also of note in color handling, the ability to select colorsync or vendor matching is greyed out. I believe Andrew mentioned those options were available to him with his 6350.

BTW, meant to post this in the printing forum. D'OH!

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 04:47:36 pm »

Nope. Fast Graphic Process is greyed out. Also of note in color handling, the ability to select colorsync or vendor matching is greyed out. I believe Andrew mentioned those options were available to him with his 6350.

BTW, meant to post this in the printing forum. D'OH!

No, no, check the other post, they are not available to him with ACPU. And unless you update your AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file by adding the Adobe Color Printing Utility you're going to get a profile conversion through the driver/os with all iPF printers.

Is Info for the job in the printer queue giving you any indication what might be going on? The job does show up when selecting Show Completed Jobs?

I can't recall hearing anybody mention that ACPU does work with 10.5.8, unless the combination of being forced to do a color conversion because Adobe Color Printing Utility is not listed in the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file would cause this with 10.5.8 and the iPF drivers. Are you using the 2.13 driver version?

Are you printing from LR, and that is why you want to print targets? Or, is it CS5 in 64-bit because of no 64-bit plugin yet?

shewhorn

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 06:04:31 pm »

No, no, check the other post, they are not available to him with ACPU. And unless you update your AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file by adding the Adobe Color Printing Utility you're going to get a profile conversion through the driver/os with all iPF printers.

Ahh... thanks for the clarification!

Is Info for the job in the printer queue giving you any indication what might be going on? The job does show up when selecting Show Completed Jobs?

It doesn't even get to the printer queue. It just launches the print monitor and then absolutely positively nothing happens.

Are you using the 2.13 driver version?

Yes. Downloaded a fresh copy in order to do the reinstall (but that's what I was running before I started trouble shooting).

Are you printing from LR,

Nope, no ability to soft proof.

and that is why you want to print targets?

I own a lab. I wanted to join in on the other thread in measuring differences between various apps. Didn't see anyone covering 10.5.8 so I figured I'd print some charts in PS CS4, as well as the ACPU in both 10.5.8 and 10.6.4.

Or, is it CS5 in 64-bit because of no 64-bit plugin yet?

Not using CS5 to print targets. Too much of a kludge for me.

Cheers, Joe

shewhorn

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »

I added this line:

<dict>
      <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
      <string>Adobe Color Printer Utility</string>
      <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
      <string>1</string>
   </dict>

It had absolutely no effect. The color management options are still greyed out.

If I select main in the driver and click print to preview... it doesn't even launch the preview window when I click print.

Cheers, Joe

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 07:04:05 pm »

It had absolutely no effect. The color management options are still greyed out.

Cheers, Joe

The color management options should be greyed out. But now in Main/Color Mode you should have "No Color Correction" instead of "Color" like you had before.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 08:14:07 pm »

The other day, I had a similar experience you describe printing to CS4 with the ipf6300. Long story short, I had to reinstall the print driver, then it worked. Not sure why you are not able to get this to work. I didn’t do an uninstall, I just deleted the printer from Printer & Fax and ran the installer.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up