Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad wireless images from Capture One 6 -- it works!  (Read 7510 times)

ziocan

Re: iPad wireless images from Capture One 6 -- it works!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 09:58:00 pm »

DB is the exact same as pro, except that it only works with digital back files. So yes, Capture Pilot is in the DB version but only when shooting with Phase/Leaf/Mamiya Digital Backs.

Capture Pilot is not in the "non pro" version now called Capture One Express.

Thank you.
I tested it and it works well.
it is definitively a nice addition and I would likely use it next to my camera, instead of having a second monitor as I normally do when shooting in studio.

On a different note about using Pilot on shoots.
As for providing clients with ipads to check the images out.... I don't know about it.
As BC said, they may leave it on the top of an SUV while we are shooting on the beach, forgetting it on the parking lot where they were taking that private phone call, or using it as a tray for drinks. If I wanted the clients to be so pampered and being it part of my business, I would run a resort or an hotel.
Good thing that in our business almost everybody has an iphone and a lot of people now have their own ipad. Those are the ones they are going to check the photos on.
But I would "give the network access" to clients and friends carefully, because it can lead to having to deal with more than we already have to. Not mentioning that when the connection will stop working once in a while, clients will come and ask me or the assistant to take care of it.

I like the way Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin work: while on a shoot, before showing images to the clients, they make a few quick selects and then, but only then, the clients are allowed to be in front of the monitor and see.
That is a bit extreme, but I totally understand them and.... I miss the "privacy" I had when I was shooting film and polaroids.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:23:32 pm by ziocan »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 12:16:45 pm »

But I would "give the network access" to clients and friends carefully, because it can lead to having to deal with more than we already have to. Not mentioning that when the connection will stop working once in a while, clients will come and ask me or the assistant to take care of it.

I like the way Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin work: while on a shoot, before showing images to the clients, they make a few quick selects and then, but only then, the clients are allowed to be in front of the monitor and see.
That is a bit extreme, but I totally understand them and.... I miss the "privacy" I had when I was shooting film and polaroids.

Couldn't agree more that stability is critical. If it's not stable (tested on your own system) then it's worse than nothing. If it is stable however it should reduce rather than add to your load by allowing the (AD/Stylist/Assistant/etc) to see the images at their own pace including zooming in for details.

You can set Capture Pilot to only display the Selects folder (added to or removing images at your own pace) or a smart album (which would add/remove images in real time as you rate them by star ranking or color) - though the smart album option for Capture Pilot does not seem to be working in 6.0.0. I have not tested 6.0.1 for that function.

Here is an article we wrote detailing features, use, and troubleshooting. It includes the specific setup we recommend to ensure stability and speed.
http://www.captureintegration.com/2010/12/09/capture-one-pilot-for-ipadiphone/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

bcooter

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 01:36:24 pm »

though the smart album option for Capture Pilot does not seem to be working in 6.0.0. I have not tested 6.0.1 for that function.

We tried it the other day on a shoot and it worked ok, though the clients ended up back at the computer station and I noticed the Ipad was laying down on it's face.

Anyway, whether it connected for the clients or not, it just adds one more thing in the client/tech/photographer chain we have to worry about and in today's climate everyone is under such pressure to perform, we only go with what is exactly fool proof.

Now in messing with the Ipad some I did like the fact that "I" could finally see the images in a decent resolution, close to my camera and will probably rig some kind of bracket for mounting an Ipad to my tripod.

It may be a workaround but finally a good medium format lcd.

IMO

BC
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up