Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syndey Australia Locations?  (Read 1758 times)

Lonnie Utah

Syndey Australia Locations?
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:10:49 am »

Will be there over the Holidays (Fairlight/Manley areas). I'll most likely won't have a lot of time to shoot, but would like to get out to north head.  I've also shot the opera house from the botanical gardens before too.  I'll have limited access to a car, but will most likely be getting around via foot/ferry/taxi.  

Do you have anything for me?

Thanks in advance,
L
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:32:18 am by Lonnie Utah »

toffer79

Re: Syndey Australia Locations?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 11:25:14 pm »

Lived in Bondi which is on the south side of the harbour and will probably take you <1 hour to get there.

Spent a lot of time standing on the rocks at the northern end of Bondi beach. Sun sets at 90 degrees to the waves crashing against the rocks and it's great at blue hour especially when the swell is high. Checkhttp://www.coastalwatch.com for wave height info. Tip: wet rocks are wet for a reason.

Watsons Bay, a few kms north of Bondi, faces the city and is great when the sun is setting behind the skyscrapers. Great places to eat there too.

Didn't spend much time north of the harbour but have a search on Flickr.

Apologies for pic quality as these were literally the first pics I took with a DSLR

RichardArran

• Richard Arran Panoramic Landscape Photography
Re: Syndey Australia Locations?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 10:02:03 am »

Will be there over the Holidays (Fairlight/Manley areas). I'll most likely won't have a lot of time to shoot, but would like to get out to north head.  I've also shot the opera house from the botanical gardens before too.  I'll have limited access to a car, but will most likely be getting around via foot/ferry/taxi.  

Do you have anything for me?

Thanks in advance,
L

As you're going to be in Manly then head up the Northern Beaches towards Palm Beach but in honesty I'd say the coast on the Eastern Suburbs is better. Bondi Beach to Marouba.

Have a great time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up