Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 6 bugs thread  (Read 9619 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Capture One 6 bugs thread
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 02:46:18 pm »

I've noticed that processing an adobe RGB jpeg file into a sRGB jpeg file using C1 6 (and the jpeg settings inherited from C1 5) gives a file roughly twice the size as if it were done using C1 5.

The quality scale was redone. So if you use the same quality numerical value the file size will be bigger.

Turn down the numerical value of the quality and you'll find the absolute QUALITY of the file is the same or better than in v5 and the file size is the same or smaller than in v5.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

narikin

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 08:21:26 am »

Single Click to rename, not double click.

counter intuitive, and counter to what Photoshop taught us-
Layers in Photoshop are selected with a single click, and renamed with a double click.
should have followed that model, otherwise people struggle/get frustrated with it, like many folks here have.

tho_mas

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 08:31:00 am »

counter intuitive, and counter to what Photoshop taught us-
Layers in Photoshop are selected with a single click, and renamed with a double click.
should have followed that model, otherwise people struggle/get frustrated with it, like many folks here have.
in the Finder on Mac files get renamed with a single click (on the file name).
In C1 the keyboard shortcuts and the process recipes (etc.) get renamed with a single click.
So why should it be different with the layers?
On the other hand: who cares?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 08:58:45 am »

In C1 the keyboard shortcuts and the process recipes (etc.) get renamed with a single click.
On the other hand: who cares?

Thomas - you forgot that Adobe is infallible  ;D

Naming in OSX and Windows is generally by a single click to make the item active and another single click to begin the rename. That is the model followed throughout Capture One.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

narikin

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 12:17:22 pm »

Doug and Tho_Mas:

Because LAYERS in the new C1 6.0 most closely resembles LAYERS in Photoshop, which, duh, is what most photographers are used to.
how about that for earth shattering logic?

narikin

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 12:20:07 pm »

on another note:

why when I try to re-open my old registered 5.x C1 does it now say its unregistered, and must be trial or DB.

I want to be able to run my registered 5.x as the Pro version, like I was before. And run the 6.0 as DB version.

G_Allen

• http://www.plasticimage.com
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 01:22:50 pm »

I downloaded and installed Capture 6, then open a recent session. I then lost all my color adjustments for the shoot (!!!), and Capture 5.1 can't read the color settings either.

Really annoying. Is there any way to avoid this? I'm scared to open version 6 again, and lose more adjustments (and my time).

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 10:57:40 am »

I just tried and it is amazing; the Quick tab is not enabled by default!  Huh??? Did I miss something on installing??

In the tutorials and comments, this is one of the MOST useful features, as it focuses the functions most often used.

It is mind boggling that thewy would make this the ONLY tab NOT put out by default.

(almost as bad as the one in 5 where a process tab needed to be added.

Victor

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 12:17:07 pm »

I just tried and it is amazing; the Quick tab is not enabled by default!  Huh??? Did I miss something on installing??

In the tutorials and comments, this is one of the MOST useful features, as it focuses the functions most often used.

It is mind boggling that thewy would make this the ONLY tab NOT put out by default.

(almost as bad as the one in 5 where a process tab needed to be added.

Hi Victor,

The Quick tab only holds duplicates of controls that are already in other (more dedicated) tabs. Since a new (Local Adjustments) tab with new functionality was added, the redundant tab was not enabled by default. This is an attempt to reduce some clutter on the desktop.

While I won't deny anybody their right to whine, it is not a bug, which is what the topic of this thread is about.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

gazwas

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 06:30:24 pm »

I keep getting an issue on both my Mac Pro and MBP running OSX 10.6.5 where by when I've copied adjustments on one image and then applied to a couple of sucsessive images the previews will suddenly stop loading. I have to click off the image in the browser and then back onto the images for the preview to load.

Thats not the problem however.

When this has happened and I try and process an image (any image in the browser) the process doesn't start regardless of which button (process tab, tool bar etc) I press. The only way to start images processing is to quit C1, then trash its preference file and upon restart everything works as normal.

Anyone else had similar issues.
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

Jeffreytotaro

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 08:35:09 am »

Seems like a good sign that this thread is so short.  Or is no one using the new version.
Jeffrey Totaro
[url=http://www.jeffreyto

6x7

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 04:13:17 pm »

hello everyone,

does anyone notice a different impression/impact /look of the presetted images comparing it to v5. (on screen)
I'd post my thoughts after getting some feedback because I don't want to influence any perception into a certain direction. maybe someone made the same experience. .
I am not very shure if can determine some objective change, but I have a certain feeling…
I don't consider this a bug but I didn't want to open a new extra thread.

thanks, P

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 06:23:50 pm »

hi am loving the speed of the quick proofs. especially when i have several thousand shots to get out the door.

but i have found quite a few times that half way through some processing, it stops making quick proofs and speedly shows in the queue that they are processsing even faster. very fast like a few a second, but they seem to just show there and dont actually process.

i have defaulted back to c1 5, even though that corrupts quick proofs often, and is very slow after being spoilt by c1 6.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

OmerYair

• http://www.oyphoto.co.il
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 12:16:01 pm »

After tearing off a tool from a tool tab (so it floats freely) and minimizing C1 the tool is still visible and blocks the desktop. Windows Vista 64 bit.
=====================
Omer Yair
Portfolio
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up