Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: preparing for web  (Read 1100 times)

shaun

preparing for web
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:19:59 pm »

Hi

Wondering best practice for web preparation in relation to colour spaces. My images seem to shift in colour on my calibrated system in srgb , rgb and untagged mode when loaded to the website?

Shaun

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: preparing for web
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:05:17 am »

Set them to sRGB, check them with a color-managed browser, and hope for the best (or least worse) about what happens by the viewer.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 08:32:23 am »

This has long been the bane for photographers.

By using a color manged browser and tagging sRGB I was able to tweak things to get the majority of my images 'close', but it wasn't until I started using monitors with a dedicated sRGB Emulation mode that I consistently achieved the desired look from processing to web posting.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

shaun

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 09:18:17 am »

Hi

Thanks for the information. My website is a kind of dark green with film strip below the main image. I have to drop each shot onto a dark green canvas 570  x 920 px. However even though I have an exact reference for the colour in srgb or rgb the green changes. If I go to untagged the green canvas is ok but the image colour shifts. What a pain.

Shaun

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 03:18:24 pm »

By using a color manged browser and tagging sRGB I was able to tweak things to get the majority of my images 'close', but it wasn't until I started using monitors with a dedicated sRGB Emulation mode that I consistently achieved the desired look from processing to web posting.

Since we're talking the 'net here, these images will be available for other people (around the world) to see.  That's the weakest link in your chain.  You do the best you can with your equipment, but you have to accept that MOST people viewing your site will not have colour managed monitors or be working with a colour-managed browser.  Some will be using 26" monitors and some will be using smart phones or other devices.  That's just the way it is.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

shaun

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 04:02:00 pm »

Hi Mike

Agreed but at the moment i'm not too bothered about others, but surely my own images should match the uploaded jpeg.

Shaun
Pages: [1]   Go Up