Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Profiling Targets from PSCS5 - Adobe Solution Posted  (Read 1363 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Printing Profiling Targets from PSCS5 - Adobe Solution Posted
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:27:23 am »

For those of you who may not have seen this yet, yesterday Adobe posted the long awaited application for printing printer/paper profile targets without colour management. You can find it here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83497.html. Apart from simply providing information, I am starting this topic so it can be used as a focal point for gathering user experience about how this new application is working for you.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

RHPS

Re: Printing Profiling Targets from PSCS5 - Adobe Solution Posted
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 10:59:55 am »

I must say that I'm not finding it very user friendly so far. There is the re-sizing issue mentioned in another post. Also, my print (Win XP, 3800 with latest driver) always ends up in the very top LH corner of the paper with minimum margins. This is not a complete disaster, but not always very convenient. The margin settings seem to have no effect on this.

The other "feature" that I find annoying is that it only allows me to print one file. Since my target is on two sheets I need to close it, re-open it, select the second sheet and go through the whole printer set-up process again. This is not just time consuming but it also means more chance of getting one of the settings inconsistent between the two prints. This could be a particular problem for people using remote profiling services who will only use the utility once.

At the moment, printing from CS5 with the work-around looks much easier to me.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 12:29:50 pm »

Since my target is on two sheets I need to close it, re-open it, select the second sheet and go through the whole printer set-up process again. This is not just time consuming but it also means more chance of getting one of the settings inconsistent between the two prints. This could be a particular problem for people using remote profiling services who will only use the utility once.

At the moment, printing from CS5 with the work-around looks much easier to me.

Why not just combine your two sheets in CS5 and save them as a new target file.

Doyle

RHPS

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:13 pm »

Why not just combine your two sheets in CS5 and save them as a new target file.

Doyle
Doesn't help people with A4 printers.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 04:32:37 pm »

Doesn't help people with A4 printers.

Sorry about that. I was assuming something I should not have.

Doyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up