Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delighted with my Epson 3800  (Read 4385 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Delighted with my Epson 3800
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 12:43:57 pm »

I suppose you could blame Apple for changing things, moving to a new printing path for 64-bit application. But the real problem is the printer manufactures. They have not updated their drivers or they have not been written correctly. But there is light at the end on the tunnel as now we have examples of drivers (8.x versions) from Epson that do work correctly. Even with CS4 and No Color Management. Lets just hope that light is not the Apple change something again train.

Canon took the approach (at least with the iPF drivers) to use a special casing file that lists the applications that use Apple's new printing path to turn off CM in the driver. That works great until a new application is released that is not listed. ACPU is a prime example. With the older printers iPFx000 and x100, LR 3 and CS5 are not listed. Also when Adobe releases release candidates the put RC in the internal file name which of course in not listed in the special casing file.

Well, yes - that was originally part of my basic point - hard to pinpoint the blame, and there is probably enough to go around, which once again highlights my basic concern that inter-corporate technical collaboration and pre-release product testing are not adequate.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up