Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing borderless ipf6100  (Read 1402 times)

kirk2

Printing borderless ipf6100
« on: November 27, 2010, 08:58:17 am »

Want to print borderless with canon ipf6100 printer. I need to know how to use the spacer. Does spacer work on 3inch core only? If it works on two and three inch cores,what holds spacer in place? Does roll hold spacer in place or am I missing something.   Thanks for any help. Kirk

JBillings

Re: Printing borderless ipf6100
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 05:19:39 pm »

The blue spacer is for use with 3" core roll paper.  It goes on your roll support rod and snaps into the black end of the roll support.  Match of the triangles on the blue core with the triangle holes in the black end.

I highly recommend buying 3" core rolls whenever possible.  When you get to the end of a roll of paper, the 2" core papers are hard to flatten out.

Nigel Johnson

Re: Printing borderless ipf6100
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 04:41:28 pm »

Spacer is only required if printing borderless with A1 or A2 rolls (594 mm or 420 mm wide rolls). The spacer clips to the fixed end of the roll-holder. If using 3 in core rolls I believe that the spacer is fitted prior to the 3 in adaptor. This info comes from my reading of the manual, which is not really clear. I am expecting to order an iPF6300 later this week so I am unable to check the hardware yet.

The purpose of the spacer is to allow the overprint on the left edge of the paper to use the same ink grooves in the platen as 24 in and 17 in rolls.

I hope this helps
Nigel
Pages: [1]   Go Up