Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard color profiles for HP C5100 All-in-One?  (Read 749 times)

hjulenissen

Standard color profiles for HP C5100 All-in-One?
« on: November 26, 2010, 01:52:38 pm »

I have:
Windows 7 x64
Adobe Lightroom 3.3
Spyder 3 express
HP C5100 All-in-One printer/scanner

I understand that this printer is hardly up to the standards of people here, but I am hoping to use it for less important stuff. I would still hope for some predictability in its output...

I have calibrated/profiled my display. In the printer driver, I have set colors to "application managed" and disabled weird stuff like red-eye removal. I use 600dpi as output resolution. When I go to the "print" pane in Lightroom, I expect to see a number of "profiles" in addition to the choice "printer managed". I only see display profiles, though. What I should have seen is a number of HP/paper combination profiles that my driver should supply, right? I have searched the HP support site for such profiles but found none. Am I doing something wrong?

There must be a zillion such printers out there (and by the ink system, it seems that very many HP printers share the same ink/nozzles, meaning that they should have the same color appareance?)

If I choose "Managed by printer" in Lightroom, should I then select sRGB or Adobe RGB in the printer driver? (images are taken in raw, so it must be Lightroom that bakes them into either representation)

thanks for any advice.

-h
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:12:13 pm by hjulenissen »
Pages: [1]   Go Up