Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacking Problems  (Read 2669 times)

pflower

Stacking Problems
« on: November 24, 2010, 02:01:27 pm »

This is driving me crazy.  I must be doing something stupid but can't work out what.

I am editing a number of photographs in PS from LR and converting to B&W and then saving the tiffs with layers.  Asked whether to stack the tiff with the original, I have the box checked.  Upon saving in PSCS3 the tiff shows up in LR as expected.  However when I go to a keyword selection I can see the original raw file but not the PS edited tiff.  Putting the mouse over the original raw it shows that it is number 2 of 2. But number 1 (the edited tiff) is not visible.

Go to all photographs and the edited tiffs are there as number 1 of 2 next to the original raw file.  I thought perhaps that they hadn't inherited the original keyword from the raw file so I select them and drag them to the keyword and this doesn't increase in size - i.e. the new tiffs are already keyworded correctly.

I have tried ctrl clicking on the raw file and unstacking, collapsing the stack etc. but I can't find the edited tiffs anywhere in the keyword selection.

Any thoughts?

leuallen

Re: Stacking Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:26:36 pm »

Check your filters. I am sometimes missing a stacked image because it is filtered out. I set the filters correctly and it shows up. Just a possibility.

Larry

pflower

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:11:53 pm »

Sorry Don't quite understand.  What filters should I be looking at - none of the pictures are ranked in any way with stars or otherwise.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:47:03 pm »

Not sure which version of LR you have, but in LR3 for example, pressing the '\' key brings up the filter bar in the library module.  You can select from Text, Attribute, Metadata or None for filters.  There's also a 'lock' icon that will make filters sticky (or not) across folders.  Click 'None' to remove all filters.

Go to all photographs and the edited tiffs are there as number 1 of 2 next to the original raw file.  I thought perhaps that they hadn't inherited the original keyword from the raw file so I select them and drag them to the keyword and this doesn't increase in size - i.e. the new tiffs are already keyworded correctly

In the Library module, right panel, second box down is 'Keywording'.  Select an image or a group of images and the keyword(s) associated with that image or images are shown in the box.  Have you looked to see what keywords are actually there?  BTW, if you have more than one image selected, any keyword shown with a '*' beside it means that keyword is present in only some of the images selected.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

pflower

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 06:15:07 am »

I don't know what is going on.  Either this is a bug that no one else has picked up on - unlikely; or my system is playing up.  I am running LR 3.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.4 on a 27 inch iMac.

I started a brand new catalog and imported 12 pictures.  To 7 of these I assigned a key word.  I then edited one of them in CS3 and saved it.  The number of images associated with that keyword increased to 8 and the edited tiff appears in the catalog next to the raw file.  If I then click on the keyword panel so as to select only the images with the keyword then all 8 pictures are selected.  So far so good.  But then it starts to go wrong.

I then repeated the process on the other photographs.  The number of images associated with the keyword increased by one as each image was saved.  All of the edited images appear when all photographs in the catalog are selected.  But none of the subsequent edited images appears when the keyword filter is used.  However the very first image is still present.  There should be 14 photographs associated with the keyword (as confirmed by the number next to the keyword) but only 8 appear.  Each of the subsequent edited raw files says that it is 2 of 2 but the associated tiff does not show. 

Has anyone come across anything like this before?  Any suggestions?  I thought it might be that my original catalog had some problems, but the same problem repeats in a brand new catalog.

pflower

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:03:00 am »

Can anyone repeat this either on different equipment or on an iMac 27 inch 2.8ghz i7?

I have now tried it on another iMac 27 inch (slightly different configuration) running OSX 10.6.4 and LR 3.2 and exactly the same thing occurs - no edit.tiff file generated from a raw file is visible when the keyword filter is used.  I upgraded to LR 3.3rc and the problem continues.  I cannot be alone in this can I?
Pages: [1]   Go Up