Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D7000 Mixed Reviews  (Read 4310 times)

Edalongthepacific

D7000 Mixed Reviews
« on: November 23, 2010, 09:17:00 pm »

I see that many, many people seem to be happy with their D7000 but a few complain about very fuzzy images or hot spots on the sensor. Are there any personal experiences here?

Ray

Re: D7000 Mixed Reviews
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:11:01 pm »

I see that many, many people seem to be happy with their D7000 but a few complain about very fuzzy images or hot spots on the sensor. Are there any personal experiences here?

If only a few complain then it would be reasonable to assume that the cameras or lenses in question are faulty, out-of-adjustment, or incompatible, or the users are inexperienced or incompetent.

The main reason why I haven't already ordered a D7000 is because I own only one Nikkor lens and Nikon camera (the 14-24/2.8 and D700). It doesn't make much sense having two camera bodies and just one lens.

For me, the purchase of the D7000 would involve the purchase of another Nikkor lens, such as the 24-120/F4, whereas the purchase of a Canon 60D would not entail the purchase of another lens since I'm amply covered with a focal range from 17mm to 400mm (or 27mm to 640mm in 35mm equivalent).

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 07:57:32 am »

Hi E,

I have the D7000 to replace a worn out D200, And supplement my MF rig. 

For the price point and intended market it is unbelievable - not a pro body...but..it isnt supposed to be ! ;D

I found the Dynamic range and image quality to be very good, however I did have to use focus tuning on 2 of my lenses to achieve sharp images - if i had not then the images would be fuzzy...I would imagine if someone has a fuzzy image issue they probably havent focus tuned the lenses, or their technique is not as good as it should be to get a sharp image.

Auto Focus is a fast and positive lock, Color rendition is good but images can appear flat if Active D-Lighting is used too heavy handedly, I also see a red color shift at High ISO starting slightly at 1600.

High ISO performance is awesome...best for a DX chip yet.  Completely usable ISO 6400 images that retain good detail. Not on par with the D700 or D3 but close.

Build quality is nice - better feel than the D90 ..but not as beefy as the D200/300/700 

Battery life seems good...700 full sized images yesterday and I used 1/4 battery !

Only Things i would change are :

1) Bigger image buffer - action shooters will fill it too fast
2) Ability to auto bracket more than 3 images (for instance the D200 would bracket up to 9)

I have no hot pixels (knock on wood), cant comment much on the video yet as I have to work with it a bit...

All in All...LOTS O' BANG FOR THE BUCK !

Regards,

Dennis

RFPhotography

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 10:27:36 am »

The only thing I've heard is a user on another forum reported a rattle inside theirs when they received it.  Likely got damaged in shipping and isn't a manufacturing defect.

EricChi

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 07:59:34 pm »

I got two copies of D7000 body only package. The first copy can not get focused images when AF with my 16-85 VR. (MF is always great.) I thought it make no sense to AF file tune my lenses for a new camera body, so I returned it as defective. Then bought another copy. The 2nd copy works with my lenses perfectly. I kind doubt Nikon may have some manufacturing QA issue (or cutting corners.)

I like the 2nd copy very much. The new user interface has been greatly improved and the camera is very easy to use and fast to shoot. The IQ are very good and clean (but so I far I only tested to ISO 800). The body is small which is the main reason I got it for.

Eric

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 08:02:21 pm by EricChi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up