Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convergence  (Read 1140 times)

fredjeang

Convergence
« on: November 23, 2010, 06:49:26 am »

Beautifull picture of the day in Lu-La,

Great and very welcome article about convergence.

I applaude.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 04:21:28 pm by fredjeang »

barryfitzgerald

Re: Convergence
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:19 am »

It is a good article.
Though to those who have little interest in convergence (or rather fear the consequences of trying to please 2 types of folks stills and video) I'm still of the view that there are dangers in that approach and that it's genuinely difficult if not impossible to fully meet the needs of both with one type of camera.

I've seen a lot of talk over the years and one things strikes me in all of this..some folks are heavily hung up on technology. But it's not a question of choice for all but for them alone. For example

"The mirror must go" harked across how many forums for years.
"Film must die" Why? Because the guy who shoots it across the road interferes in your photography like how?
"The DSLR is dead" so those who like optical view finders are a menace to society?

I'm all for choices and mirror less/convergence is great I'll embrace it for those who want it. What I don't want is others trying to tell me what should use or restrict my options. You don't run into a restaurant and grab someone's Italian meal and throw it on the floor because you hate Italian food do you! I'm wondering why many (not all) of those who want so called progress (for their needs) actually don't want choice for all.

I find that extremely worrying and it's a trend you see far too often on forums. Look at compact cameras mostly devoid of OVF's now (not good for those who want them)

BTW a typo in the article:
"but Canon has long been a player in prosumer and prosumer video"
Pages: [1]   Go Up