Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colormunki Printer Profiles for Canon Pro9000  (Read 2993 times)

TimBarker

• http://tbarker.net
Colormunki Printer Profiles for Canon Pro9000
« on: November 23, 2010, 06:44:48 am »

Not really sure whether this should be here or in the Colour Management section.

I have a Canon Pro 9000 printer which creates great prints with good colour.  I'm starting to print on canvas but need to profile the printer/paper combination using my Colormunki.  I am having difficulty in specifying the page size when using the front-loader as it always defaults to the 35mm margin although I did manage once to print with no margin on canvas but cannot remember what the settings were (!).  Anybody else managed this?

In addition when using the Colormunki software it is possible to print the first test chart then cancel out and restart the next day (after allowing the 'paper' to dry for 24 hours) reading in the results for the first chart but is it possible to restart then read in the first test then do the same with the second test chart (ie delay the read-in for the second test chart a further 24 hours)?

One other question - The 'paper' I'm profiling is the Harman Canvas (450gsm, poly-cotton, white with OBAs).  What is the best Paper Type to specify in the Canon printer dialog, I've used Canvas first up and this does provide quite even colouring but wondering if one of the other settings provides a more appropriate ink density for this essentially 'matte' surface.  To be honest I'm also profiling the Fine Art Premium Matte setting as well to see the impact bu thought there may be somebody else out there that has tried alternatives.
thanks,
Tim Barker (aka MandoTiM in other forums),
Rank Amateur.

Uses Nikon D200 or Sony Ixus110is
with post-processing on an ASUS P6T and i7-920 with
6Gb RAM, 1.5Tb discs, NEC PA271, Gigabyte 9600, Canon 9000Pro,
using Win7-64, CS4 et al.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Colormunki Printer Profiles for Canon Pro9000
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:24 am »

This was addressed just recently:  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=48164.0   It's easy to skip the first target as there is an option that comes up but the second target requires a work around as described in the final post on the thread.

Deepsouth

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:24:48 am »

I have the Canon Pro9500 "Mk1". It has the same silly 35 mm margin problem. My work around is to specify the paper as matte photo paper. Granted that may or may not give you the results you seek on canvas, but it's what works for me.  I rarely print on canvas, so my experience there is pretty limited.

TimBarker

• http://tbarker.net
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 06:49:03 am »

would need to create a new printer profile, colour match from screen to print is important to me.  But worth a try.
Tim Barker (aka MandoTiM in other forums),
Rank Amateur.

Uses Nikon D200 or Sony Ixus110is
with post-processing on an ASUS P6T and i7-920 with
6Gb RAM, 1.5Tb discs, NEC PA271, Gigabyte 9600, Canon 9000Pro,
using Win7-64, CS4 et al.
Pages: [1]   Go Up