Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with printer profile production and OSX (10.5) solved?  (Read 686 times)

jsch

Problems with printer profile production and OSX (10.5) solved?
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:50:37 am »

Hi,

some time ago I had problems to produce printer profiles with my usual workflow (print test sheed with Eye-One Match, mesure with Eye-One Pro, use the profile) under OS X 10.5 and an Epson 9880 (there was a workaround on LL, which I can't find any more). Usually the work is now done from a PC under Windows. So I lost track of this problem.

But now - in some cases - I would like to produce the profiles with my MacBookPro that still runs under 10.5.8. I would like to print a test sheed with Eye-One Match (3.6.2), measure it with Eye-One Pro and use the profile to print with Photoshop (CS4) or Lightroom (LR3). So my question: Is this problem now solved?

Thank you,
Best
Johannes

George Marinos

• http://WWW.IDOLOLAB.GR
George Marinos
http://www.idololab.gr/
Fine art Photolab
Athens,Greece

Doyle Yoder

Re: Problems with printer profile production and OSX (10.5) solved?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 10:40:22 am »

But now - in some cases - I would like to produce the profiles with my MacBookPro that still runs under 10.5.8. I would like to print a test sheed with Eye-One Match (3.6.2), measure it with Eye-One Pro and use the profile to print with Photoshop (CS4) or Lightroom (LR3). So my question: Is this problem now solved?

Thank you,
Best
Johannes

Printing from Eye-One Match (3.6.2) uses Apple's old printing path so there was never a problem, but you have to turn off CM in the driver.

Printing from CS4 and LR could be a problem if your printer driver is not updated for 10.5.x or 10.6.x and does not turn off CM resulting in double profiling.  When CS4 and LR are set to manage color when printing the driver are suppose to default to no CM, and this is something you can not change.

You have to check to see whether Epson has updated the drivers for the 9880. I am sure someone on here can tell you that. With the Epson 8.xx drivers the problem is solved at least for the 9600/7600 printers.

Doyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up