Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reykjavík Moon Rising  (Read 1844 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Reykjavík Moon Rising
« on: November 22, 2010, 04:11:45 am »

Moonrise in the Bláfjöll area outside of Reykjavík.  More images in the series here.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: Reykjavík Moon Rising
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 04:32:17 am »

Colour in the sky is lovely... but I am sorry to have to ask.. did you clone in the moon from another shot? There is a dark ring around the moon that looks out of place and odd on my monitor.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 04:43:11 am »

Colour in the sky is lovely... but I am sorry to have to ask.. did you clone in the moon from another shot? There is a dark ring around the moon that looks out of place and odd on my monitor.

No.  It is a single shot (you can verify the EXIF).  If you go over to my blog, I mention this shot as one where I had to pull back the detail in the moon.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:50:08 am by Rajan Parrikar »

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 05:51:26 am »

No.  It is a single shot (you can verify the EXIF).  If you go over to my blog, I mention this shot as one where I had to pull back the detail in the moon.

Cool - I think its jpeg compression. Looking at it on a calibrated NEC 26" Spectraview. the 100% crop you sent me looks good, no artifacting.

Nice shot.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 12:53:27 pm »

Cool - I think its jpeg compression. Looking at it on a calibrated NEC 26" Spectraview. the 100% crop you sent me looks good, no artifacting.

Nice shot.

Josh,

As I have mentioned, that image had to be aggressively worked on, so I am not totally satisfied with the end result.  Here is another exposure of the same event -

Pages: [1]   Go Up