Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 8300 profile confusion  (Read 2885 times)

jimf

Canon 8300 profile confusion
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:46:51 pm »

I am waiting arrival of new 8300.

Am little confused about profiles to get started with.
Went to Canon to download profiles for the 8300 and when I got to the download page, the 8300 isn't listed.

Are they the same as any other Canon printer?
Does Canon include profiles with the printer?
   If yes, is it all the profiles they have or just for canon papers?

In looking for Canon branded papers, I couldn't find them.
Any idea where or what they are listed under?

Sorry for the simple questions, but maybe someone can get me jump started.
I don't plan on making my own profiles in the beginning so am looking for what profiles are out there and for what papers.

John Hollenberg

Re: Canon 8300 profile confusion
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:56:11 pm »

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageprograf_series/imageprograf_ipf8300#DriversAndSoftware

Look for "iPF8300 ICC Profile Ver.1.10 for Windows" (if you are on Windows OS).  Note the following comment in the download of that file, "Some ICC profiles are installed automatically during installation of the printer driver and Media Configuration Tool."

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 07:46:02 pm »

At least for my iPF6300, profiles for the most common Canon papers are installed automatically when you load the printer driver software on your computer. Many other profiles are provided on the installation disc, and you can install them manually later if you like. That's where I found the profile for Canon's satin heavyweight paper.

Hope that helps.

prosser53

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 09:25:19 pm »

I installed all the profiles that came with the install disks, but in all the Canon profiles it did not have one for Canon's Heavyweight Glossy Photo Paper 300gsm.
Do they have a profile for that one or am I just missing something? Tried to update the .amf files from Canon's website with their "iPF8300-MIF-US-MacX-0004.dmg" dated 10/28/10
but the MCT does not recognize the included .amf file. What am I doing wrong?

tim wolcott

• http://www.galleryoftheamericanlandscape.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 12:29:32 am »

remember you have to set the settings for the paper in the printer also.  So set the setting in the software in the canon driver in your computer and also in the printer.  if you don't it will not work.  Tim

jimf

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 10:43:51 am »

Another ignorant question.  I found this page  http://www.hahnemuehle.com/site/en/222/canon.html#kat99  with icc profiles for the 8300, and 6300.  Same profiles for those two printers.
They have a install instructions then a separate download for each paper type.

Question, is this ICC profile the printer profile?  Is this all I need if I don't make my own profiles for the Hahnemuelhle brand?

Robcat

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 08:27:19 pm »

I just got the 8300 a month ago. Yes, those profiles on the Hahnemuhle site are what you use. Download them and then (on PC at least) right click and choose install. These canned profiles are close, but I've been happier since I had custom ones done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up