Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow Printing in CS5 - 64 with Epson R2880  (Read 5480 times)

siam

Slow Printing in CS5 - 64 with Epson R2880
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:33:22 pm »

I have recently ran into a problem with very slow printing in Photoshop CS5 64 bit and an Epson R2880 Printer.  It takes over 90 seconds for the dialogue box to come up after pressing print and then about the same amount of time before it starts printing. With CS4 the dialogue box came up after about 10 seconds and was generally speedier overall.  I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

I have the most recent driver for the R2880 (Version 6.61)

Has anybody encountered the same problem or have a solution?

Aristoc

Re: Slow Printing in CS5 - 64 with Epson R2880
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 05:38:15 pm »

I just discovered recently that this is also happening to me. I click print in CS5 after doing some editing and it takes about 45 seconds for the print dialog box to open. Then after clicking anything inside the dialog box, again it takes another 30 seconds before I can do anything else. Then....finally........it seems like it takes forever to start to print.

Anyone have any reason for this?

thanks.

siam

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 05:09:53 pm »

I spoke with both Photoshop and Epson support guys and was able to come up with a fix (from Epson).  The fix involved deleting a hidden file in a hidden folder called Program Data on the C:\ drive.  The file had an extension of .AUD and was 40 megabytes in size. It was the only file with the .aud extension. Once I deleted that file, all of my problems went away.  The Epson support guy said that this file has caused problems in the past.  He thinks that the file is generated by the system and just keeps getting larger and larger until everything grinds to a halt.

I am now able to print as quickly as before.

bream-dreamer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:32:36 pm »

Can you give an exact place of this file, and how you find hidden files please, as my photoshop CS5 with Epson 1400 is doing the same thing.

siam

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »

Hello Bream - Dreamer

To access hidden folders in Windows Explorer, click on the Tools tab, click on Folder options,  click on View.  Under the heading "Hidden Folders and files" click on  "Show Hidden Folders and files".

You will then be able to access the folder "Program Data".  In the folder called "Program Data" you will find a folder titled "Epson".  In the Epson folder is a folder called "Printer".  In the printer folder is the file (In my case anyway) called "EPAUDF01.AUD.  When I deleted the file (that had swollen to 40 megabytes), the system (or the Epson Printer program... I'm not sure which), generated a new file that was 2 kilobytes in size, after I had restarted my machine.  I keep monitoring the file to see if it changes size, but so far it hasn't.

Hope that helps!

bream-dreamer

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:19:57 pm »

Hi Siam,

Thanks for that, but as I am using Windows 7, can't even find the Tools tab, Can you help please.

bream-dreamer

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 05:26:41 am »

Have now found Tools, and gone all the way through, deleted folder, all works fine new.

Thanks very much. Will keep an eye on folder.

Regards
Bream-dreamer
Pages: [1]   Go Up