Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print Drivers takeing forever to load  (Read 627 times)

Inanda Images

Print Drivers takeing forever to load
« on: November 20, 2010, 02:25:49 pm »

Hi All;
My printer drivers for both my Epson 9880 & 3880 have began to exhibit some loading issues. I can also say that my last experience with Epson technical help was more than useless over a year ago to the point where I don't bother with them as a resource.

I am running Win 7 64 bit, eight gig ram. Dedicated OS drive, dedicated scratch disk, C1, CS5, Qimage shooting from Nikon/Contax-Phase One. Lightening fast I can load gig sized stitches in moments.
My print driver is taking ages to load, in cs5 upwards of 15 min to even load the driver. During that time the machine searching the drives? the drive light is on.

I have the latest drivers for all programs, Qimage exhibits the same behavior abet somewhat faster but not much, printing has gone from a joy to a pain. I have exhausted my resources and knowledge base.
Assume all my os updates are installed and my AV is current and my drives are defragged and operating fine having passed surface testing. My only current option left in my mind is to nuke and pave. Before I get carried away maybe someone here may have a suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Mark Prins
Inanda Images

Sven Bernert

Re: Print Drivers takeing forever to load
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:01:25 am »

Difficult to help from a distance. I would probably:

- uninstall the drivers (both)
- restart PC
- delete all files from Windows temp directory
- re-install the drivers
- restart PC

If this doesn't help try to reset your PS settings by holding down the STRG Key while starting PS.

Hope this will help.

Sven
If you are out there shooting, things wi
Pages: [1]   Go Up