Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic GF2 First Impressions  (Read 2456 times)

yslee

Panasonic GF2 First Impressions
« on: November 19, 2010, 08:59:50 pm »

Never understood angst on forums. Recognise the camera for what it is, and don't buy it if you don't like it. Oh well. Anyway, to Michael:

1. If you don't like cameras without a mode dial, how do you use the top end Nikons and the Canon 1D series?

2. It's Hello Kitty, not Miss Kitty. :P

michael

Re: Panasonic GF2 First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:03:03 pm »

Never understood angst on forums. Recognise the camera for what it is, and don't buy it if you don't like it. Oh well. Anyway, to Michael:

1. If you don't like cameras without a mode dial, how do you use the top end Nikons and the Canon 1D series?

2. It's Hello Kitty, not Miss Kitty. :P

Point #1 - I don't!

Michael

Pelao

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 09:12:20 am »

Michael
Thanks for the quick GF2 review.

As a GF1 owner who really enjoys the camera, I was curious when the 2 was announced. At first read I came to similar conclusions as yours. The GF1 is very user-friendly and does a good job of packing in useable dials and switches.

It all makes me curious where Panasonic will go next. Will they produce a compact for enthusiasts, to succeed the GF1?

Bill Koenig

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:28:39 pm »

Is shutter lag still a issue with these cameras? All I could find were the spec's for the GF1 on the B&H web site, and it didn't mention shutter lag.
Bill Koenig,

Pelao

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:02:11 pm »

Is shutter lag still a issue with these cameras? All I could find were the spec's for the GF1 on the B&H web site, and it didn't mention shutter lag.

I wasn't aware it was an issue at all. It certainly isn't for my stuff: street/candid and some landscape.

michael

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 05:01:41 pm »

I've never experienced shutter lag ion the Gh1 nor heard from anyone else who has.

Where does this one come from?

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up