Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R1900 and canvas printing problem  (Read 3520 times)

armand

• Photos
Epson R1900 and canvas printing problem
« on: November 19, 2010, 12:56:05 pm »

I bought several days ago a few sheets of Moab Anasazi (don't ask me how I decided upon it as I can't recall  ;D ) and tried printing some stuff.
It worked for a couple of times from the sheet feeder (within 5-6 tries) but on the second one it stopped 1/2 inch as one cartridge was done. As I didn't have a replacement and I needed the photo I pulled it manually (probably not he best idea).
Now I cannot make it take another sheet despite several hours of efforts. The sheets are 13x19 and I tried also the straight feeder. I detects it but I cannot pull it. After several tries (read 5-10) it is able to pull it but it doesn't print, just goes through; I put another sheet and it also goes through without printing until I cancel the job and it starts all over again.

I am printing from LR3 and QImage Ultimate (with LR it's easier as I am able to cancel the job immediately and start faster, with QImage it doesn't want to let go that easily). Any ideas how I can make it work? The weight it's slightly above the recommended for the printer (350gms/m). I tried some Epson Luster and it printed very nicely.

I really want to make it work as those 2 prints that I was able to make initially look very nice.

PS. I'll get some Somerset Museum Rag also

PPS. with Lightroom it tries to pull it for few seconds and it can't but then continues to print without the paper going through until I cancel the job
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:58:39 pm by armand »

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: Epson R1900 and canvas printing problem
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 01:32:26 pm »

Does the printer work normally with ordinary RC paper (premium glossy or similar)?
Some difficulties to feed canvas are to be expected... The old trick to clean the rubber roller with alcohol might help ; some tape a strip of RC papaer to the canvas leading edge too.

Btw the printer behaviour should not change between LR and QImage, both use the Epson driver IIRC.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 04:49:15 pm »

Does the printer work normally with ordinary RC paper (premium glossy or similar)?
As I said it worked well with the Epson Luster.

Btw the printer behavior should not change between LR and QImage, both use the Epson driver IIRC.
I was referring more on the behavior of the printing job in windows, it's more difficult to cancel from QImage.

some tape a strip of RC papaer to the canvas leading edge too.
That's a very good idea, I can hardly wait to try it as I think it should work. Thanks !

I'll probably attach 0.5" and make sure I print with borders of 1" or so.

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:30:38 am »

Yes it's working!
Of course I screwed up the first one as in my excitement I forgot to check if the dimensions in QImage were the same as before and it started printing on the attached strip of Epson Luster. Probably needs about 7-8 mm to take it, 4-5 mm it's not enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up