I am so green at this. I invite someone to comment about the canvas issue...I have no idea how to get the machine to add this canvas to my paper preset. I have no idea how important it is and finally I am not sure if the color calibration and preset are interrelated.......Keep in mind Hp matte canvas is on back order...for 3 weeks.....
Good to read you got the MK problem solved, if you got you right!?
If the canvas issue remains, I would recommend the following:
1. Check out other papers to be sure that everything is okay with the printer
2. Read the DnjZ2100_Z3100_setup_manual.pdf. HP tells which media preset might fit best third party papers (if you do not have the manual yet simply download it from the HP website).
3. Adding new media presets and ICC profiling them is carried out via HP Utility --> Color Center.
4. If you are still not sure which media preset might be the right for you or the results are not as expected ask the canvas manufacturer, they should know that. Principally, most paper manufacturers I know i.e Hahnemühle, Moab and Tecco deliver at least a table where the paper presets for the common printers are listed, either with each package of paper you buy or at least as PDF on their website.
5. In addition you have several fine tuning options with the Zx100 printers to alter media thickness, ink volume or gloss enhancer volume (but that should be the last step, when it is working principally).
In the beginning it's time consuming to get well known with a new printer. That belongs to the individual learning curve we all got through with a new and complex printer such as the Z3100. So, don't be too impatient and take a bit of time to get accustomed to the machine.