Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPSON 2880 Printer Profiles  (Read 2072 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
EPSON 2880 Printer Profiles
« on: November 16, 2010, 07:47:21 pm »

Well I am a proud new owner of a 2880. Having installed everything I tried to update the profiles by downloading them from the Epson web site.

The zip file extracts a some archives and other files to C:\epson\epson12744_r2880_icc_profiles_glossy. None of them are obviously .icc files. Then there is a message about uninstalling files which flys by too fast to read.

I cannot determine if the profiles in C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color (presumably their ultimate destination) were updated or not.

Any thoughts? Do I still need the C:\epson folder (presumably not).

How can I tell if the files were downloaded or not?

R

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Re: EPSON 2880 Printer Profiles
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 08:05:18 pm »

It sounds like you have downloaded the zipped files and extracted them.  To install the profiles, you need to right click on each of the unzipped icc files and then select install.

Alan

Aristoc

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:41:35 pm »

after you download the icc profile installer that you want from the epson web site on your desktop.double click the folder with the files and you will see that it will automatically install them. go to your printing program like PS. when you go to print, you will see the files listed with .icc at the end of each name.

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »

It sounds like you have downloaded the zipped files and extracted them.  To install the profiles, you need to right click on each of the unzipped icc files and then select install.

Alan

Not exactly. When I execute the downloaded file it creates several files including some WinRaR archives. I do not see the profiles themselves. Then some setup program runs which may or may not have installed the profiles where they belong. I cannot really tell.

after you download the icc profile installer that you want from the epson web site on your desktop.double click the folder with the files and you will see that it will automatically install them. go to your printing program like PS. when you go to print, you will see the files listed with .icc at the end of each name.

I already had some .icc profiles. The problem is I cannot tell if they have been updated with the downloaded versions.

Thanks

Aristoc

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 08:07:21 am »

delete all the icc profilse you think are old.

re-download the icc profiles that are new from epson. Sometimes it has a funny way to install the profiles depending on which one you choose. Yes I downloaded some profiles and they were zip. I double clicked the zip folder and the installer opened and automatically installed the profiles. (go check). Then you can delete the installer program and zip files. Just go to PS and check to see that the profiles are there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up