Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acadia 2  (Read 1879 times)

armand

• Photos
Acadia 2
« on: November 14, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »

A couple of pictures with one of Acadia's symbols

shutterpup

Re: Acadia 2
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:22:56 pm »

In #2, my eye is immediately drawn to an area toward the lower left that looks like a plastic baggie. Did you push the colors in this as you did in your group titled "Arizona?"

armand

• Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 06:42:55 pm »

It's just a piece of flat gray rock. For the  second I started with camera landscape settings, I desaturated a bit then increased a little the vibrance. The reddish color it's a little higher than I wanted in my browser (it showed up when I used the recovery slider) but in LR it's tolerable.
I decreased a little the exposure of the sky and I played with the contrast and black sliders.
So in short, not much.

David Saffir

• http://davidsaffir.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:06:04 pm »

I like the first image quite a bit. Nice low camera angle, the rocks almost look like
one could walk right through. Great textures and colors, the diagonals of the hill leaning to the left
really work well.

I also like the spiky trees against the cloud cover.

I do have a question - were the clouds really that blue?

David Saffir
GuruShots Photo Critique
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:30:04 pm by David Saffir »
David Saffir
[url=http://davidsaffir.wor

francois

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:47:49 am »

My preference goes to #1. It's more dynamic than #2, probably due to diagonals and wide-angle capture. Colors seem, but this is a matter of personal taste, a bit too saturated.
#2 is very nice too but more classic.
Francois

armand

• Photos
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 10:30:23 pm »

I do have a question - were the clouds really that blue?
I don't really recall if to my eyes they were so blue, but most of my pictures on that day show muddier skies. However the light was changing and I didn't touch the color of the sky, just decreased the exposure a little and used some recovery (I noticed if it's pushed towards 70-80% it does change some colors).
Most of the blue I think it comes from the cooler WB that I used.

owenn01

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »

Hi armand,

An interesting couple of images and I have to say I haven't seen these before (though I seem to have seen a lot from Acadia recently!).

I think #1 is the strongest of the two in terms of composition, though I would have liked to have seen the edge to the rock that is cropped off on the right included in the image. The colours in both seem quite punchy which adds to the textures in the rocks and helps guide the eye through the images really well.

I think I would like to see the skies toned down just a fraction - whilst the colour and depth adds an additional element to the images I wouldn't want it drawing too much away from those rocks and the impact that these have - they are the principle elements of each of the images after all.

Like the images overall though and great location!
Pages: [1]   Go Up