Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about LexJet canvas  (Read 855 times)

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Questions about LexJet canvas
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:15:03 am »

I recently bought a roll of LexJet Sunset Select Matt Canvas. I had my Z3100 develop 2 different ICC print profiles for it. One was based on the recommend method for Hahnemuhle canvas, which produced poor results – flat and muted colors and limited gamut.

The 2nd profile was based on the guide for HP canvas which produced better results than the first but still produces results that are short of printing on something as unremarkable as HP everyday paper.

Prior to starting the process I did a print head cleaning and preliminary color calibration, per HP guidelines.

Has anyone used LexJet paper with a Z3100? If so, what did you do for an ICC profile?

Thanks in advance.

As an addendium, should one use gloss enhanser with this paper??
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:21:48 am by Justan »

Ian99

Re: Questions about LexJet canvas
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 01:33:40 pm »

Tracy,
I use that same combination and I like it a lot. Dan Berg says that that canvas is indistinguishable from Lyve at much lower cost, so that is good enough for me.

I am a bit lost with your description of your method of developing a profile. Your Preset may be based on the HP canvas, but that just relates to thickness and cutter use. A profile, if done completely, is unique to the material being profiled.

I had the Z3100 generate the target, dried it, then varnished it. The next day I had the machine create the ICC profile and it works fine.

I don’t think you can expect the same vibrancy on a matt canvas that you can with a good gloss paper, but the results I get are very similar. The Red gamut is a bit reduced but not noticeable unless you are looking really hard.

If you use a PC, I can email you my profile if you want.

Regarding Gloss Enhancer, I don’t think you should use it if you are varnishing your canvas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up