Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 20D bug???  (Read 2813 times)

blangton

• http://photography.blangton.com
20D bug???
« on: September 19, 2004, 10:26:28 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Check the DPR forums...lot's of reports of similar experiences.  It seems that removing and re-seating the battery solves the problem for the time being.

Don't know if this is a contact problem or something more serious.

Good luck...so far, no problems with my new 20D (knock on wood!)

Take care,

Bill[/font]
Bill Langton (blangton@blangton.com)  AR

dwats76

20D bug???
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 01:10:36 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Yes, after further searching it seems to be a prevalent issue. Certainly not a huge problem, more of a inconvenience. I guess a bug or two are to be expected. Thanks for your responses.

One other note, being a newbie to the Luminous Landscape site, I must give much praise to you Michael for an extremely informative site, especially in regards to digital capture and processing techniques. While I do not shoot much landscape/wildlife, I find your techniques and insight carry over easily into other "styles". Job well done.

David[/font]

Madness

• http://www2.arnes.si/~jburke
20D bug???
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 06:56:22 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']
seems to be a prevalent issue

What do you regard as prevalent? One out of five people perhaps experienced this once and suddenly it's prevalent issue?!

btw It happened to me as well. Once while changing lenses without turning it off. However I must add it was a preproduction camera.

Sure, it's a bug, a minor one if you ask me. But with the histeria on various forums one might get the impression this happens every five minutes for no reason at all.[/font]
*FOR RENT- one coat closet-must share wi

Madness

• http://www2.arnes.si/~jburke
20D bug???
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 03:52:42 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']
Kind of like a beautiful girl who smokes, annoying but something you can live with (for a while anyway)

no, this would be a very serious bug (for me)  :p[/font]
*FOR RENT- one coat closet-must share wi

biggoolies

20D bug???
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 09:17:55 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']It is a big problem if you miss the shot of a lifetime or you miss an important shot at a wedding fiddling with your camera. Sorry I tend to disagree. If you are doing a paid job, your equipment must work for you.[/font]

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
20D bug???
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 02:25:04 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']FTR, Canon has acknowledged that there is an issue with the 20D and a firmware fix is in the works.[/font]

dwats76

20D bug???
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 06:43:35 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Just brought home my new baby 20D yesterday. Out today shooting for first time and hmmm, after around 50 frames in RAW/Jpeg L, in AV mode. I go to snap one and nothing.  
I switch to Manual, still nothing.  I switch to auto, nothing. AF is still working. Metering still going. I turn off and back on, nada. Finally remove battery and pop back in, all is well.
Continue shooting and 30 min. later same thing!! Anyone else having this issue or heard of it, I know it's a bit early. After posting this I'm off to search the rest of the forums to see if anyone else is "suffering" this ailment.[/font]

20D bug???
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 01:02:14 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']I've experienced it as well. The problem is real.

For the time being simply pop the battery and reinsert it. I expect a downloadable firmware upgrade will sort it out soon enough.

Michael[/font]

Northern Lights

20D bug???
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 01:58:11 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Same problem with my 20D, though I solved it by removing lens and replacing it.  Has happened 4-5 times since camera arrived Thursday.  At least the autofocus works better than 10D, and all in all a great camera![/font]

dwats76

20D bug???
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 03:13:51 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']OK, lets change prevalent to "a bunch of people are having the same problem". Which is obviously the case, with or without the hysteria on other forums.

I agree with you that it is a minor bug, overall I am incredibly pleased with the 20D. Great camera imo.

As I stated before, it's more of an inconvenience. Kind of like a beautiful girl who smokes, annoying but something you can live with (for a while anyway)

Cheers
David[/font]

trustworthya1

20D bug???
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 07:09:30 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']For $1500 the 20D shouldn't freeze. It seems to me it's only a minor bug for people who have already parted with their money.  So far Canon hasn't even acknowledged the issue.  I'll hang on to my hard earned money.[/font]

Telecaster

20D bug???
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 08:03:21 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I've run off about 500 frames so far with my 20D and haven't seen the lockup bug (yet). I did see it once with a pre-production sample while changing lenses. Repeating the same sequence of events with the production camera didn't lock it up. FWIW I've got firmware rev. 1.0.2.

-Dave-[/font]

wolfy

20D bug???
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 12:37:04 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']
Kind of like a beautiful girl who smokes, annoying but something you can live with (for a while anyway)

no, this would be a very serious bug (for me)  

Absolute disqualifier! :-(

There are beautiful women with good sense, too.

(Got one, thank, you. :-)

Are we off-topic, here? ;-)[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up