Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympus 8080  (Read 1384 times)

poliwog

Olympus 8080
« on: April 28, 2004, 08:55:30 am »

I would be inclined to get the DSLR, but much depends on what and how you shoot. Do you work slowly and deliberately, with a tripod when possible? Or do you "shoot from the hip"? Do you want gorgeously noise-free prints, even at high ISO, or are you willing to accept a small bit of noise as trade-off for quickness and convenience? Are you willing to clean a sensor now and then, or do you not wish to "mess" with equipment maintenance?

There are a lot more relevant issues to ponder, such as whether the 8080 or the Pro1 or the A2 suit you best. Then there is the D300 (DRebel) to consider... Can you borrow any of the above to try? If not, you first have to make the SLR vs P&S decision; then I would read a few reviews, look at the samples and go for it. All of the above will give you excellent A4 prints, as (in fact) would a good 5MP digicam such as the Oly 5050/60 or the G5.

Michael Y

Olympus 8080
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 07:58:17 pm »

Does anyone have any feedback on the Olympus C-8080? I have read a variety of reviews on this camera of which some of the feedback is conflicting (as to be expected). I am about to purchase a new camera and am looking seriously at the Nikon D70 or the Olympus 8080. I know that in reality they do not compete against each other and I have different reasons for looking at each of them. My main printing is at A4 size on an Epson 2100 , I probably print 5% - 10% of all photos I take and could be regarded as a "serious" amateur. Any feedback would be helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up