Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profoto Studio Air Software (Win7x64.Net4.0) Need Help!  (Read 2322 times)

nilo

Profoto Studio Air Software (Win7x64.Net4.0) Need Help!
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:42:48 am »

Hi,

I finally tried to install Profoto's Studio Air Software on my Studio workstation a PC Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8 Ram.

All I get is a "Proto Studio Air Software has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem"...

Per instruction of the Profoto.com Website I installed the latest .Net Microsoft Framework which is currently 4.0. I also have the latest drivers for the ATI Radeon 5700 series graphic card.

I wrote a couple of emails this week to Profoto.com but they do not answer anything (Yes NOTHING). The dealer was also short of any explanation.

It got even better when I tried to connect a D4 via USB to the PC. It blue-screened fatally!

Thank you in advance for any help with this

regards
nino
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:44:54 am by Nino Loss »

Rod.Klukas

• http://www.rodklukas.com
Re: Profoto Studio Air Software (Win7x64.Net4.0) Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 11:30:58 am »

Try calling 914-347-3300 and ask for technical help with Profoto Air.  This is Mac Group, the distributor in North America,  and someone should be able to help you.
Rod
Rod Klukas
US Representative Arca-Swiss

nilo

Re: Profoto Studio Air Software (Win7x64.Net4.0) Need Help!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:08:37 pm »

Try calling 914-347-3300 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              914-347-3300      end_of_the_skype_highlighting and ask for technical help with Profoto Air.  This is Mac Group, the distributor in North America,  and someone should be able to help you.
Rod
Thank you for this info! The only thing is I am not located in the US. But I'll try anyway.

Meanwhile, I also got two emails from Profoto, yes two! I had difficulties to get hold of them because they are in the process of moving their warehouse. I was told that the problem with the Studio Air software is that it only runs with windows 7 in x32bit setting. I tried that but without success, but on my Win XP x32 laptop Studio Air works fine. I was also told that there might be an update to 64, but for now only 32.

In a second email I was told that a service manager will contact me on Monday.

I am confident that with all this a good solution will be found.

regards
nino
Pages: [1]   Go Up