Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Canon pro9000 mark II - won't stop double profiling, pink prints  (Read 1892 times)

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit

Hello,

I'm helping somebody with whom I work on printing, and we've been beating our heads on the wall for days now.

I've printed with all types of printers except for Canon for years now.  I use a color managed workflow and have been successfully printing for a years.  Unfortunately, our prints are most likely being double-profiled and are coming out pink.  When doing what we least prefer, using the printer to manage the color, prints come out okay.  But when we print from photoshop using the correct profiles (on various papers) and we turn off printer color management, it seems that the color management is not actually being turned off.  Even the preview shows the image as pink.

We've got the most updated printer driver, photoshop CS5, the most updated paper profiles from Canon.  Back with Windows Vista, we were able to successfully print, but since upgrading to Windows 7, it doesn't seem to work.

If anybody's got any ideas at all, please let me know.  This is very frustrating and printing using color management through the printer and not Photoshop defeats all of our soft-proofing and color managed workflow.

Thanks,

Eli

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: Help with Canon pro9000 mark II - won't stop double profiling, pink prints
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 04:16:41 pm »

Just a thought: Might be that something with the ICC profile on your Win 7 machine is wrong?

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
Re: Help with Canon pro9000 mark II - won't stop double profiling, pink prints
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 01:03:49 am »

Figured it out with some help from the DPreview forums.

"Preview" must be turned off in the canon printer dialog/software and double profiling won' t occur.  Really weird.
Pages: [1]   Go Up