Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Landscape Medium Format Choice? Horseman/ Hasselblad?  (Read 8900 times)

Dick Roadnight

Re: Landscape Medium Format Choice? Horseman/ Hasselblad?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 03:04:22 am »

The ultimate landscape kit includes pan-and-stitch, shift-and-stitch, daylight live view, remote operation, autofocus stacking, multi-shot, and a large budget...

I have been buying bits second hand for years, but I am getting there.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

rhsu

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 06:56:46 am »

Nicksouth,

You cannot go wrong with the P45+ (a classic DB and definitely good long exp system)... amazingly, it is still highly sought after (that is if pixel counting is not critical)!

With WA application, LF digital lenses are the best you can get for the application esp with large IC and no multi-factor added to your MF WA lenses.  Longer focal application (IMHO), I have stuck with the DSLR - or MF/DSLR.  I have done an aerial assignment once with my HR28 and HR35 on a Cambo WRS and works brilliantly well...  I will be doing more.

Manual focusing in not an issue as I come from the humble beginning of Nikon F2 and 6x6 journalism era,

NOTE:  certain DB do not graft well with technical camera when outside a "studio" environment - see Alpa website (Oct 2009 issue ?) - so do bear that in mind.

But for ease of use, nothing beats "auto focus" point and shoot with a MF DB esp w/ Leaf 80mp and Phase P65+!!! etc... as I have had a MF/DSLR.

I certainly would not attempt photo-journalism with my Cambo WRS.  So my point is, you need to get the most appropiate system to work with your work flow.

Do have a look at Sinar arTec and actually play with it!

Good Luck

nicksouth

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:13 pm »

HI,

Thanks for your words of advice.
 I like the idea of the Hassy H4D 40 as a versatile camera and its autofocus ability really is of little value for most of my landscape work.
 Is the image circle of the 28HR ok for lateral stitching to produce panoramics?
 Not totally familiar but the 28mm is a Rodenstock? Not the new Scheinder 28mm?
Have you used the new T&S lensboard?

Many thanks
Nick.

nicksouth

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 03:50:25 pm »

Hi Don,

I see in your blog you use a RF Lee system. Couple of Q's..

Any vignetting issues?

Did you choose the RF system because the 100mm system would not fit the WRS?

Cheers
Nick.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up