Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set default processing to 2010?  (Read 1739 times)

Craig Arnold

• Craig Arnold's Photography
Set default processing to 2010?
« on: November 08, 2010, 01:41:22 pm »

I can understand why they didn't want to change it for the back images on an upgraded catalogue.

But I'd now like every new image I import to be processed using 2010.

I can't see any way to set the default processing anywhere.

madmanchan

• Web
Re: Set default processing to 2010?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:34:43 pm »

Craig, do you have a custom "default" setup for your camera model? If so, you may need to set the Process version to 2010 and re-save your custom default.
Eric Chan

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:00:11 pm »

Actually it's a tiny bit more complicated than this...by default any image that has had settings applied by a previous version of Camera Raw or Lightroom will default to Process 2003. There's actually no way to change that logic.

On any NEW images brought into ACR/LR the default is to use Process 2010. That's the only default you can change but you seem to be wanting Process 2010 to be used for previously edited images? If so you won't be able to alter the main ACR/LR "Default" setting; new images will be in 2010 and previously edited images will be in 2003.

You can create a Preset using the Process Version subset and use that either in the main Library grid, the Develop module or even the Import dialog. That way you can apply the Process 2010 to a lot of images at a time and as long as the only thing in the Preset is the Process Version subset, it won't alter the other settings in your images.

Craig Arnold

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:41:42 pm »

No, not at all.

I want newly imported files to use 2010. I'm quite happy to change any old ones manually. It has certainly not applied the 2010 process to files imported since I upgraded to LR3  by default, even though I was expecting it to.  ???

But I cannot find anywhere to set things so that the ones I import now get processed as 2010, I'm currently having to change them all during develop.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »

In Develop go to the Develop menu and select Set Default Settings...note, when you do this ALL altered settings you've made will be set as Default. So, you should make sure all settings are where you want them for all images to start...I leave all my default settings at the normal defaults except for ISO based luminance and color noise reduction which I set to slightly less than I might generally use for higher ISO settings.

So, do all the "normal" settings you want to be default for your camera (note each camera will have its own default even by serial numbers) and then go to the Calibration panel and set the Process Version to 2010 then use the command Set Default Settings.

The odds are at some point you actually altered your defaults and without realizing it had the 2003 set to be default for your camera....every new image I've imported from my various cameras have come it at Process 2010 for me.

Craig Arnold

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 04:00:28 am »

Thanks Jeff, I expect you're right.

I may well have previously clicked that menu item with 2003 set.

When I selected it I was expecting to see the preset dialog where you could choose the settings and which bits to apply, but instead it just overwrites with your current settings.

At any rate I have now done two things, set the default settings, and also created a new preset "General - Zeroed 2010" which I have set as the one to be applied on import. And that setting seems sticky so it should be sorted now.

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up