Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Captureshop 6.0 now available  (Read 16175 times)

MartinWidmann

Re: Captureshop 6.0 now available
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 04:07:50 pm »

Hello museumbrich4d,

> I see that the sensor orientation panel has been removed in 6.0 and that if you relaunch 5.6.6 it is also gone. Why?

I can assure you, it has not been removed. If the orientation sensor is activated, manual orientation setting is disabled. Thus the panel is not shown. If you want to set the orientation manually, you need to uncheck the usage of of the orientation sensor in the hardware setup.

> When you export out of 6.0, dng is not an option. It does capture dng but you can not export except to tif, jpg, png or psd.
> Only if you open the file and do a save can dng be an option. It does capture dng to where you designate the contact sheet to be.

That is the right behavior. DNG is a raw format. Export is used for "finished" image formats.

> If trying to export an .sti from 6.0 you can't export as dng. You have to open the file and then do a save as for dng to be an option.

For conversion of one raw image format to another you need to use the save as funktion. As written above, the export is only for the other formats.

> The dng saved from an .sti file will not open in camera raw. The error message is attached.

Camera Raw 6.2.0.29 is fine and should read the CaptureShop DNGs without problems. I am going to send you a PM.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.

MartinWidmann

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »

Just installed CS6 on my capture station. After reboot I received the attached warning.
Now I can not get either CS6 or CS5.6.3 to recognize my camera.
I don't have an installed for 5.6.3 so I can't reinstall it. 5.6.6 is the only one available it it requires Leopard. I am still on Tiger. Has anyone else had this problem? I am dead in the water until I can get this resolved.

-Scott

Dear Scott,

I am sorry for this inconvenience. Somehow the installer did not manage to set the correct rights of the driver. Thus Tiger does not want to load it. I am going to send you a PM to resolve that issue with you.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.

PdF

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 04:20:43 am »

CS5 or Bridge, or Photoshop CS5, or Camera Raw 6.5 does not want to open my saved sti 16shots files to DNG files. Different versions have been updated yet. What are your experiences on this? Will I have better luck installing Lightroom?

PdF

Everything is now O.K., after a good restart ...

Not only the new sti files register perfectly to dng (and Bridge, Camera Raw, Photoshop and - soon - Lightroom 3), but also the "old files" stored and accessed via the Contact Sheet screen.

A question to Martin (whom I thank for his intense activity, and efficacity): what is the utility of the cadenas on the lower left edge of some images (photographed in CS5) of the Contact Sheet?

PdF

PdF

MartinWidmann

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 04:43:48 am »

CS5 or Bridge, or Photoshop CS5, or Camera Raw 6.5 does not want to open my saved sti 16shots files to DNG files. Different versions have been updated yet. What are your experiences on this? Will I have better luck installing Lightroom?

PdF

Everything is now O.K., after a good restart ...

Not only the new sti files register perfectly to dng (and Bridge, Camera Raw, Photoshop and - soon - Lightroom 3), but also the "old files" stored and accessed via the Contact Sheet screen.

A question to Martin (whom I thank for his intense activity, and efficacity): what is the utility of the cadenas on the lower left edge of some images (photographed in CS5) of the Contact Sheet?

I suppose, you mean the padlock? This shows, that these images have a read only status. CaptureShop 6 can open these images but will not write any changes to them.

The padlock will appear, if your image is on a read only device like a CD or DVD or if the file is write protected in the filesystem. The padlock also shows on images with previous CaptureShop file formats. These have the same status: They can be read, but will not be altered by CaptureShop 6.

There will also appear a notification as soon as you change something on these images like e.g. white balance. It says that you may modify the settings, but the changes will not be written to the file.

Martin

Martin Widmann

PdF

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 04:55:59 am »

Thank you, Martin !

PdF
PdF

MartinWidmann

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 03:43:53 am »

Just installed CS6 on my capture station. After reboot I received the attached warning.

There is a new beta available now that fixes this problem.
Martin Widmann

PdF

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 06:27:02 am »

I installed it right away, and then tested after reboot. It is O.K. for me. Thank you, Martin.

PdF
PdF

ScottGriz

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 02:12:59 pm »

CS6.0b16 worked for me on my Tiger machine. So far no issues. It's much faster.
I'll report any issues I find.

galupi20

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2010, 04:31:07 pm »

CS6 is a constant pain with my Macbook Pro and Leopard 10.5.8/Mamiya 645 AFD combination

Luis

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 04:12:01 am »

CS6 is a constant pain with my Macbook Pro and Leopard 10.5.8/Mamiya 645 AFD combination

Luis

Hi, Louis... could you be more specific?

Do you think that a faster computer would help?

What Mac Book pro do you have?

I have MBP 17", 4 core, 8Gb memory, Snow Leopard... would that make a difference?

Does CaptureShop make good use of 4, 8, 12 cores?

Would it be better on a Mac pro with SSD boot/scratch?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

galupi20

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2010, 10:52:29 am »

Hi Dick. Thanks for your answer. If someone by Sinar tell me that it is a hardware and not a software problem I "must" make the upgrade because I only have Mamiya 645 AFD/RZ67 Pro II /Sinar 54M combination.

Luis

MartinWidmann

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 10:16:34 am »

Just another bump of the topic. The Beta 17 is online, which features the simple but often requested feature of batch renaming. I you don't like to read readmes: Select the thumbnails to rename and use right click.

DE:
http://www.sinar.ch/de/downloads/category/2-sinar-captureshop

EN:
http://www.sinar.ch/en/downloads/category/2-sinar-captureshop

Martin
Martin Widmann

galupi20

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 03:30:18 pm »

I was trying the latest version 6.0b17 and no problem with Mamiya AFD II/Sinar 54M combination with my Macbook Pro Mid 2009/Mac OS X 10.5.8/2Gb RAM

Luis

galupi20

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2010, 07:29:00 pm »

Final Version ( not Beta ) of Captureshop 6.0 released.
http://www.sinar.ch/en/downloads/category/2-sinar-captureshop

Luis

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2010, 04:13:21 am »

How does it interface with the iPhone/iPad and the Sinar eShutters?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

minavag

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2010, 07:15:58 am »

I am working with a Hy6 with 75e and captureshop 6.As soon as I connect the CF card in the card reader and have the cs open, the card reader closes and I can not take the photos.
Any ideas?

Tomas Johanson

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 07:14:24 am »

Will there be support for Colorchecker SG in Captureshop?
Can I take calibration images (white reference and color calibration) in untheathered mode?

Tomas
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:55:33 am by Tomas »

carlphoto

Captureshop 6.0 is Blooming with M Shutter and 54H
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:17 am »

Has anyone used Captureshop 6 with the M shutter and 54H in 4 pass mode?

We are experiencing blooming on all images born in Captureshop 6, this usually occurs where the highlights blow out or in areas of the file that have sharp contrast / high frequency. In testing, we have used the same camera build same set, same everything using both Catureshop 5.6 and Captureshop 6.0.1 and every time the Captureshop 6 images an not usable. We have gone back to 5.6. Has anyone experienced this issue, any fixes out there?

Thank You!!

Carl
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:14:36 am by carlphoto »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up