Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Captureshop 6.0 now available  (Read 16176 times)

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
Re: Captureshop 6.0 now available
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 06:49:05 am »

Martin,

I must be missing something that is obvious to everyone but me.  If I am NOT shooting tethered, the CAPTURE function of CS 6.0 is not active.  There is not a way to set the exposure time.  The information in the CAPTURE PANEL is blank. 

I am shooting my Hy6 with a cord connected Broncolor flash with the Hy6 shutter speed (exposure time) of the camera set to 1/200th of a second.

That would be quite short as far as CS is concerned, would it not?

CS opens the files and reads them into CS via a firewire card reader using the BROWSER feature.  The ZOOM function stops the operation of CS.  It can be re-started, by clicking the button provided.

Jerry Reed

MartinWidmann

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 07:40:59 am »

Hi Jerry,

the topic concerning the exposure time was a specific answer to galupi20. With the Hy6 you don't need to sync exposure times.

I sent you a PM with some questions to investigate the problem.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.

MartinWidmann

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 04:00:59 pm »

A new version is available for download

http://www.sinar.ch/en/downloads/category/2-sinar-captureshop

This fixes the problem with opening images that some users encountered.

Martin
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:13:06 am by MartinWidmann »
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 05:00:08 pm »

Martin,

Thank you for jumping on this problem and resolving so quickly.

Jerry

ScottGriz

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 01:22:40 pm »

Does anyone know if CS 6.0 supports the SinarBack54(FO) Fiber Optic models?

MartinWidmann

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 12:33:22 am »

Does anyone know if CS 6.0 supports the SinarBack54(FO) Fiber Optic models?

Yes, the Fiberoptic models are also supported. Capturing is of course only supported on PowerPC systems with PCI/PCI-X slots as you need the fiberoptic PCI card.

Martin
Martin Widmann

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 07:56:40 am »

I thought you needed OSX 10.6.4 or better for CS6?  I dont think that OS will run on PowerPC will it ?

ScottGriz

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 09:55:03 pm »

I thought you needed OSX 10.6.4 or better for CS6?  I dont think that OS will run on PowerPC will it ?

No, Minimum requirement for G5 is 10.4.11 which is what I have. It is also the recommended.
I'm seeing now that the manual is saying it supports FO models. I didn't recall seeing that info in the b12 release but I may have just overlooked it. I'll be installing this on Monday. Planning to upgrade my processing workstation for 10.6.5 and am hoping to run CS6 on that and capture from my G5.
Will be nice to have true multiprocessor support for exporting large groups of images.

-Scott

MartinWidmann

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 05:44:06 am »

CaptureShop 6 runs on PowerPC. 10.6.4 is the recommended platform for new Macs. For mor details, please see the readme.

Martin
Martin Widmann

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 05:55:13 am »

CaptureShop 6 runs on PowerPC. 10.6.4 is the recommended platform for new Macs. For mor details, please see the readme.

Martin
Any problems with 10.6.5?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 06:31:01 am »

Martin,

Might consideration be given to including some of the refined adjustment features found in eXposure, but not available (yet) in CS 6? 

Examples; the vertical f-stop marks in the adjustment curve, and the EXPOSURE COMPENSATION adjustment panel.

Jerry Reed

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 07:44:22 am »

exposure compensation is here, but not active by default. place the cursor in the process area and press together mouse button and ctrl button and you will see the the submenu where you can choose not activated features. also, you can go to programms->captureshop 6.0, click on the ctrl button, tap on the capture shop icon and then show contents to find additionaly help files on capture shop. you can also use this link - no big difference between CS 5.6.3 and 6.0 in usability.
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 09:25:44 am »

I am using a MAC with Snow Leopard.  This combination does not provide the response that you indicated.  Left clicking the mouse while holding COMMAND (WACOM) does not produce the option previously described.

Jerry Reed

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 12:48:06 pm »

I am using a MAC with Snow Leopard.  This combination does not provide the response that you indicated.  Left clicking the mouse while holding COMMAND (WACOM) does not produce the option previously described.

Jerry Reed

Jerry, I don´t know, how your WACOM is working, but if you have a keyboard, then you can easily make a click anywhere in the process column by holding the ctrl button at the same time. I have also Mac with Snow Leopard. 
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 12:27:08 am »

A control click on one of the 'Process' panels should bring up this:

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 04:24:13 am »

My mistake.  I was pressing COMMAND and clicking.  You were writing CONTROL.  Okay, I am a little slow.  Thank you for your patience.

Jerry Reed

PdF

Captureshop 6.0 now available
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 05:59:49 am »

CS5 or Bridge, or Photoshop CS5, or Camera Raw 6.5 does not want to open my saved sti 16shots files to DNG files. Different versions have been updated yet. What are your experiences on this? Will I have better luck installing Lightroom?

PdF
PdF

Dennis Carbo

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 07:39:13 am »

CS5 or Bridge, or Photoshop CS5, or Camera Raw 6.5 does not want to open my saved sti 16shots files to DNG files. Different versions have been updated yet. What are your experiences on this? Will I have better luck installing Lightroom?

PdF

Hi Pdf,

Do you mean you converted them in CS6 to a DNG then tried to open with ACR ?  ACR and bridge will not open a STI file , you need to export them from CS6 as a different format THEN open in ACR

Regards,

Dennis

museumbrich4d

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 01:51:14 pm »

I see that the sensor orientation panel has been removed in 6.0 and that if you relaunch 5.6.6 it is also gone. Why?

When you export out of 6.0, dng is not an option. It does capture dng but you can not export except to tif, jpg, png or psd.
Only if you open the file and do a save can dng be an option. It does capture dng to where you designate the contact sheet to be.

If trying to export an .sti from 6.0 you can't export as dng. You have to open the file and then do a save as for dng to be an option.
The dng saved from an .sti file will not open in camera raw. The error message is attached.

eVolution 75H
Sinar P3
firmware 2.3
Mac Pro 10.5.8
2x3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
9 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.0.1 x64
Adobe Bridge 4.0.3.9
Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 6.2.0.29

ScottGriz

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:38 pm »

Just installed CS6 on my capture station. After reboot I received the attached warning.
Now I can not get either CS6 or CS5.6.3 to recognize my camera.
I don't have an installed for 5.6.3 so I can't reinstall it. 5.6.6 is the only one available it it requires Leopard. I am still on Tiger. Has anyone else had this problem? I am dead in the water until I can get this resolved.

-Scott

UPDATE: I managed to get the back working again by installing a copy of 5.6.1 that I had lying around. I was then able to launch into and use 5.6.3. So whatever extensions that are installed by 6.0 seem to be the cause.
At least I can shoot again. I still want to know how to get 6.0 to work properly though.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:15:05 pm by ScottGriz »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up