Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Captureshop 6.0 now available  (Read 16174 times)

Dennis Carbo

Captureshop 6.0 now available
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:28:11 am »

Hi All................Captureshop 6.0 Available for download on the sinar site now

Graham Mitchell

Re: Captureshop 6.0 now available
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:33:37 am »

Thanks!

Mitchell Baum

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:31:09 pm »

Really dumb question, actually 3 really dumb questions:

What is the difference between Captureshop and eXposure?

I never shoot tethered. Is there any reason for me to use Captureshop instead of eXposure?

I read that Raw Developer reads eMotion raw files. Does this mean without first using eXposure or Captureshop?

Thanks,

Mitchell

PdF

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 01:04:56 pm »

<<What is the difference between Captureshop and eXposure?>>

CaptureShop allows shooting in multishoot mode with 23H, 43H, 44H, 54H and eVolution 75 H and 86 H backs. The new program should allow the direct export in DNG mode. Whoopee.

Thank you, Graham (because I began to lose patience ...)

PdF
PdF

PdF

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 01:09:42 pm »

Thank you Denniscarbo!

Please excuse my confusion, due to an excessive enthusiasm.

(And hello to Graham, also enthusiastic !)

PdF
PdF

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:19:37 pm »

What is the difference between Captureshop and eXposure?

Sinar decided to build all the features into one piece of software (Captureshop) and discontinue eXposure. So now the one package supports all the Sinar backs (even going back many years, as I understand) and a DNG workflow too.

Mitchell Baum

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 06:20:45 pm »

Thanks Pdf and Graham (you always have great info).

So I guess I'll be downloading Captureshop.

Best,

Mitchell

PdF

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 01:40:58 am »

<<Sinar decided to build all the features into one piece of software (Captureshop) and discontinue eXposure>>

I don't think so. Sinar should continue to develop two programs in parallel. Exposure is dedicated to 1 shot backs and CaptureShop to multishots.

PdF
PdF

BJNY

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 01:47:38 am »

Wasn't eXposure funded and owned by Jenoptik,

so now that Sinar is flying solo = CaptureShop 6.0

Guillermo

evgeny

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 04:24:00 am »

Sinar decided to build all the features into one piece of software (Captureshop) and discontinue eXposure. So now the one package supports all the Sinar backs (even going back many years, as I understand) and a DNG workflow too.

I don't like almost all decisions made by Sinar since the time they fired Thierry and start to reform their business, but this one is THE smart move, IMHO.

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 07:01:58 am »

Dennis,

Have you used the version 6.0 Captureshop?  Any problems?

Has anyone who previously used Exposure with the Sinar 75 back, begun using the 6.0 version of Captureshop?

Jerry

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 08:50:43 am »

I´m testing tethered (10m Firewire cable) right now - Capture Shop 6.0b12 on Mac Book Pro (3 GHz Intel Core 2 duo)  OS X 10.6.4 with Mamiya 645 AFDII and Sinarback eMotion 75LV Firmware 5.10. No probs so far. I see no important or negativ differences between TIFF 16 BIT file exported thrue the Capture Shop 6.0b12 and 16 BIT dng file imported directly in to the Photoshop CS4 (Adobe Camera Raw 5.5).
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 08:58:44 am »

Davor,

Thank you for sharing your favorable experience.  I will look forward to any updates that you might provide later.  I am shooting with the Hy6 (I see that I did not mention that in my original post).

Jerry

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 10:28:05 am »

I've just been using the captureshop 6 and for me eXposure is now redundant, its native format is dng which was the overriding isssue for digitisation projects I'm working with.
export function is also largely redundant.
Speed is at least as fast as CS5.6.6 with a 54 single shot around 20 images per second cycle time at 1/10th sec exposure on an older G5 with 2.5Gb ram
the only reason for eXposure I think is for eSprite users to download files but this is cabe-less back with native DNG
Edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 02:53:33 pm »

Edwin,

Thank you for your unqualified endorsement of Captureshop, and with the particulars about the speed with which you have been able to process images, on example computers, by which others can compare their results.  Great stuff.

Jerry Reed

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:37 pm »

Writing files to the CF card - which the new firmware seems to have fixed, the HY6 captured the image to the CF card, and read the file into CP 6.0.  Here is what I experienced with CS 6.0.  I am unable to EXPORT, using the "EXPORT" feature reach via the menu above the work area, or using the right click menu.  Also using the MAGNIFIER tool (ZOOM) shuts down the application, but will resume, after clicking the "resume and report to apple" button in the dialog box.

Any ideas?

Jerry

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 06:50:11 pm »

Writing files to the CF card - which the new firmware seems to have fixed, the HY6 captured the image to the CF card, and read the file into CP 6.0.  Here is what I experienced with CS 6.0.  I am unable to EXPORT, using the "EXPORT" feature reach via the menu above the work area, or using the right click menu.  Also using the MAGNIFIER tool (ZOOM) shuts down the application, but will resume, after clicking the "resume and report to apple" button in the dialog box.

Any ideas?

Jerry

Hi Jerry, it might help if you write more informations about your configuration here and also provide this information with the description of your problem directly as email to tech@sinar.ch
The best you can do is, that you go to your "about this mac" go for "more informations" and then you can save in system-profiler the information about your computer and to attach that file to the email with the description of the problem. Capture Shop 6.0 is beta 12, so it is still not perfect and I´m sure, Sinar will be glad to have this informations ASAP to solve the problem. 
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

galupi20

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 08:32:33 pm »

Last year Thierry Hagenauer gave me this advice : " A general remark: set the exposure time in Captureshop equal or (better) longer than the time you have set on your camera. This makes sure that the sensor does not get light from the camera when already reading the data out. "
Do I have to do the same with this verion of Captureshop ?

Thanks a lot

Luis

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 09:55:33 pm »

Luis,

I am not shooting tethered.  I am using the HY6; writing to the CF card.  Then removing the CF card and reading the files into Capture Shop 6.0

Jerry

MartinWidmann

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 02:42:34 am »

Last year Thierry Hagenauer gave me this advice : " A general remark: set the exposure time in Captureshop equal or (better) longer than the time you have set on your camera. This makes sure that the sensor does not get light from the camera when already reading the data out. "
Do I have to do the same with this verion of Captureshop ?

Thierrys remark is still valid. It depends on your configuration. If you are using what Sinar calls "Master Mode", you can set the exposure time independently on the camera and on CaptureShop. To get good pictures though, you need to follow Thierrys advice. The Software has to wait at least, until the shutter is closed. Therefore, the exposure time in CaptureShop needs to be set to the same value as on the camera or longer.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up