Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ~ Quality ~  (Read 2297 times)

JohnKoerner

~ Quality ~
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:44 am »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: ~ Quality ~
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:47:36 am »

To be fair, the sign gives no indication of whether the quality being advertised is low or high...

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 11:06:12 am »

To be fair, the sign gives no indication of whether the quality being advertised is low or high...

Jeremy

Jeremy, that's why there's a photograph to help you make up your mind, point the irony. Hell, I thought Americans weren't supposed to do irony... another assumption blown.

;-)

Rob C

JohnKoerner

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:46:40 am »

Jeremy

Neither did my post ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 01:16:17 pm »

It would have been a much better photograph had it been taken with the "legendary" Zeiss 21   :P

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 01:29:54 pm »

Well obviously we need to know whether the photo was taken with an MF or a mere DSLR in order to know whether it is about high quality or low.  ::)

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 03:10:14 pm »

Well obviously we need to know whether the photo was taken with an MF or a mere DSLR in order to know whether it is about high quality or low.  ::)

Eric

Eric have those salesmen been nibbling your ear?

As you may or may not remember, I'm a fan of klrz.com (when it is being streamed successfully) and they sometimes run an ad for a car showroom via a conversation between a father and his daughter who is telling him about her new date. The boyfriend is a salesman and she's trying to tell Dad how different this one is... Dad is horrified and says about them, amongst other things: "they stand on your feet and they scream in your face!" I loved that - must find somewhere to quote it; perhaps I'll try a run with it on LuLa!

But, to be less than serious for a moment: MF won't make anyone a better snapper than he is; nothing will. No Louisiana swamp joke intended there.

Rob C

JohnKoerner

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 04:46:40 pm »

LOL, well, I do agree it would have been a much sharper, better photo had it been taken with the Zeiss 21 at the end of my 7D (as this one was taken with my old 50D and the 10-22) :D

I also agree it isn't much of a photo, in terms of anything one would want on their wall, but I did still think it was a knee-slapper in terms of the irony of the juxtaposition ... and was especially funny to drive passed in person

Jack

Pages: [1]   Go Up