Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What My Two-year-old Taught Me About Lightroom 3  (Read 3652 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
If your mind is attuned t

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: What My Two-year-old Taught Me About Lightroom 3
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:14:37 pm »

Actually, one of the first times Mark Hamburg (the founding engineer on Lightroom) showed a demo of "Shadowland" to Martin Evening and I, his son Max (which was 4 or 5 at the time) kept grabbing the cursor and making changes to the images. Martin and I though it was cute...Mark, not so much. Seems Max had screwed around with his build computer the nite before and had aborted a code build. Mark said he was banned from touching any of his computers-course, that didn't even last 24 hours.

Kids grok this stuff very quick...it's the nature of the generation.

(and as long as I know more than "kids" I'm not worried).

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:47:58 pm »

Actually, one of the first times Mark Hamburg (the founding engineer on Lightroom) showed a demo of "Shadowland" to Martin Evening and I[...]

Shadowland? That sounds like a photo editing program designed by Stephen King. Just remember: no editing of photos of dead pets...

Schewe

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 07:14:47 pm »

sniper

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 05:37:58 am »

I was always under the impression LR was based on Pixmantec RawShooter which Adobe bought out.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 11:14:44 am »

No, but RawShooter did have some very nice ideas & tools that ended up resurfacing in ACR/LR.
Eric Chan

Schewe

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:01 pm »

I was always under the impression LR was based on Pixmantec RawShooter which Adobe bought out.

Read the Shadowland story if you want the history. PixelToy/Shadowland started late 2002 and early 2003. Pretty sure Michael Johnson who started Pixmantic was still at Phase One at that point. There are two items that are in ACR/LR that were based on features in RS; Vibrance and Fill Light (pretty sure it was Fill Light).

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:37:51 pm »

Hi,

I also got the impression that "Shadowland" had little support from Adobe management, until Apple introduced Aperture. At that time Adobe rushed to release Lightroom public Beta which still used "Shadowland" for variable names in all XMP-sidecar files ;-)

I'm very glad that Shadowland was allowed to leave Adobe Labs.

I did use Pixmantec RawShooter Premium, BTW, and Adobe was kind enough to give away the first version of Lightroom to RSP owners. I don't think that the Pixmantech features were in either the public beta or in the first release of Lightroom.

Best regards
Erik

Relates to a KD Lang song...see: THE SHADOWLAND/LIGHTROOM DEVELOPMENT STORY

:~)
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up