Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tech camera advice  (Read 10250 times)

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Re: Tech camera advice
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 09:47:33 pm »

I did an on-line comparison between the Cambo WDS & WRS on my blog last year (June 2009 timeframe) which might help anyone considering either body.  I had originally thought I wanted the WDS however fate intervened and I was sent a WRS to test instead and it became love at first sight.  While there are differences between the two they are rather insignificant in the long run however I'd still choose the WRS.  Just a matter of personal taste, besides I've retired all my films backs.  The Compact is intriguing and I actually gave it some thought before I brought my M9.

There seems to be plenty of deals for the WDS on the used market however I've only seen one used WRS in the almost 3 years been on the market.

While I haven't used the new tilt/shift lens pannel yet I have heard very good things about them.

Don     

2jbourret

• http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 10:09:15 am »

Don, your comparison of the two bodies in your blog was very helpful. Seeing the WRS with the WDS makes it very clear how much smaller and easier to pack the WRS is. I also appreciated your comments about not having to step around to the front of the WRS as much to make  positioning adjustments.

Thanks again to all who have made comments,

Jamie
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p

rhsu

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 07:28:35 am »

Jamie,

Please have a good look and play with Sinar arTec. 

I own a WRS for 2yrs now - happy with it!  but I also had the chance to recently play with the arTec again.  Only wish someone could have taken my WRS off me 6 months ago or Sinar given me a good deal 2 yrs ago!

I have a HR90mm (very large IC) and currently, Cambo cannot TS mount it yet.  As Cambo tarts to grow with this WRS system, many more lenses will be able to be TS mounted.

The arTec TS is on the camera body.  Tilt and rotate the plate and you have swing (just cannot do both at once).  So effectively, any HR lenses can be used without needing special moutning.

Good luck...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up