Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProFoto Acute2 w/s shot to shot accuracy?  (Read 2770 times)

nilo

ProFoto Acute2 w/s shot to shot accuracy?
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:44:15 am »

I want to pick up an additional Acute2 1200. My experience with the acutes is almost limited to the old acute12 I still use as backup, and the w/s output accuracy from shot to shot is quite loose for this old machine (+-2/10 of stop). I would greatly appreciate if anybody could quickly tell me the accuracy of his acute2 1200 in 1/10 of a stop.

many thanks in advance

kind regards

nino

EDIT: ProPhoto to ProFoto  :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:01:22 am by Nino Loss »

nilo

Re: ProFoto Acute2 w/s shot to shot accuracy?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:42:43 am »

hmmm... nobody uses acute2 1200s here?

nilo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:54:24 am »

Maybe I made a mistake? I should have asked about CONSISTENCY from shot to shot?

K.C.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:08:55 am »

I have a couple of Acute 2 1200s. One is several years old and has had a lot of use. The other one is 6 months old and has had little use. Both are very consistent across the range of power output. I shoot architectural work and people. I never had issues with shot to shot consistency that are a problem.

If your old pack was recapped you'd probably find it was more consistent.

nilo

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 05:47:28 am »

I have a couple of Acute 2 1200s. One is several years old and has had a lot of use. The other one is 6 months old and has had little use. Both are very consistent across the range of power output. I shoot architectural work and people. I never had issues with shot to shot consistency that are a problem.

If your old pack was recapped you'd probably find it was more consistent.

Thank you K.C. for your insight! It seams like this old acute unite could use a recap, but than how much will that cost...

regards
nino

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 06:18:53 pm »

i find the acute 1200 fairly consistent, but not as dead on as my D4's for output or color...I bet compared to most they are really tight.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:06:36 pm »

Thank you K.C. for your insight! It seams like this old acute unite could use a recap, but than how much will that cost...

regards
nino

Hi Nino,

aging flash capacitors loose part of their "storage ability", this will usually not affect flash consistency but general output. (As far as I know the Acutes do not use "rotating flash capacitors") If you find the consistency performance of your pack worse than other units of the same type the voltage regulation may be defective. This must not be expensive to repair. I have no experience with this pack but I expect nearly half stop variation to be out of tolerance. I suggest to contact a dealer / repair station.

Cheers, Ulf
Pages: [1]   Go Up