Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 477701 times)

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
Re: Without Prejudice: Not the Missionary Position
« Reply #1360 on: December 20, 2012, 04:32:41 am »

Is there an entomologist in the house?
Ken Cameron

Rob C

« Reply #1361 on: December 21, 2012, 07:20:09 am »

Entomologist? Nope, but there is a guy here at home who hates dentists.

Early in November I innocently wandered into the boudoir - surgery? - in search of nothing more threatening than a check-up. We ended up making an appointment for the next week during which I was to have three small fillings done.

Strangely, it all turned into a regular, weekly thing with a total of six appointments during which new ‘problems’ were discovered and new drillings made. Oil? Anyway, it’s all over now, as those Stones used to sing. Well, sort of: I went in this morning at 10.30 and it’s now 13.00; my mouth, top lip and whiskers are still numb and I obviously have to nurse my hunger for a few more hours because, otherwise, I’d burn my mouth to bits. But I have learned wisdom (no pun or toothy reference intended), and now realise why dentists can wear M9s where I shall ever be destined for the bandana without hope of crossing over into M9 fashion.

Before leaving the sunny plaça and entering the chamber of horrors I snapped this other poor stone creature; a subconscious portent of things to come, no doubt.

On the bright side, I suppose that within a day or two I shall only remember the moments when I was choking with my own saliva threatening my lungs, but nonetheless felt myself distracted somewhat by the warm tit pressing into my right ear.

We have a date appointment for early next December. I can hardly wait. Right.

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:24:31 pm by Rob C »

Tony Jay

Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #1362 on: December 21, 2012, 08:18:09 am »

Ouch!

After reading that, Rob, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
(I did laugh, forgive me, but from the perspective of knowing, a little I think, of how you felt.)

Tony Jay

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #1363 on: December 21, 2012, 06:55:40 pm »

... but nonetheless felt myself distracted somewhat by the warm tit pressing into my right ear...

Yes indeed. My last male dentist was around 40 years ago. I guess it wasn't only his lack of a w*** t** that put me off, it was also the fact that I appeared to be his only client and that he seemed old enough to have outlived all the others, if he hadn't killed them off. So I transferred my custom to a charming young Australian dentiste, quite a find in 1970s Southampton. Initially I was anxious that she might not have the strength for extractions but she quickly proved me wrong - a flick of her visually pleasing wrist and out popped my tooth. Since then I have gone in for gender discrimination on the dentist's chair and never regretted it.
Ken Cameron

Rob C

« Reply #1364 on: December 22, 2012, 12:52:08 pm »

The wrist would have been wasted on me: I generally keep my eyes tightly closed and my mouth stretched wide in a spirit of true collaboration. My hands, when I think of them, seem to be tightly clenched together in my lap. If I have a constant fear in the chair, other than of drowning, it's that my jaws might clamp permanently open; not sure which fate would be the worst. Possibly a combination of both symptoms?

Next year, if I respond to the telephoned reminder I'm scheduled to get, perhaps my mind will be more focussed on whether the lass needs a new lenscap for that bloody M9 I think I just bought her.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #1365 on: December 22, 2012, 02:53:04 pm »

Mountain village of Fornalutx, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, on 7th of February, 1992.

You see the benefits of a ledger? You just never know when a date might come in useful.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:22:54 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #1366 on: December 22, 2012, 11:14:38 pm »

But where's the model, Rob?
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #1367 on: December 23, 2012, 04:07:30 am »

Right there: in front of the support for the Bus Stop sign! Okay, she's one of those super-thin ones, but surely you can still make her out? What do you want for ten thousand bucks? Substance? Settle for Magic!

Rob C

armand

• Photos
« Reply #1368 on: December 23, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #1369 on: December 23, 2012, 01:34:55 pm »

Ken, your insects are from the Phyrrhocoridae family, species Canaeus carnifex, commonly called "cotton stainer" bugs, due to them being a pest of cotton plantations. They naturally feed on wild hibuscus shrubs. I'm no entomologist though.

Rob C

« Reply #1370 on: December 23, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »

Just because it's nearly Christmas, Eric, and I'm afloat on the spirit of goodwill, I decided to quench your disappointment at the ultra thin model in the Bus Stop picture and provide you with one with slightly more substance. I did say slightly, so lets not get carried away on a battle of semantics over this.

Kodachrome 64 Pro, scanned on a CanoScan and sweated over for hours and hours. I scanned this mother before and gave up, but this time, I just had to go through with it. That there was nothing else better to do might have had something to do with it.

The girl? Suzi G, who also starred in Patrick Lichfield's 1982 epic calendar for Unipart, in Sicily. Not being a belted earl myself, I found it more convenient to allow him the pleasure of testing my girls first. He was seldom wrong, fortunately for us both.

She might look a little wappit, but to be fair, she hadn't long fainted right off a rock due to the extremely high humidity, and had I not had the reflexes of a snake (my commission was at stake) and managed to catch her, at grave risk of a hernia to myself, we'd have had no product and you no almost-Christmas-Eve picture to observe. The things I do for others.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:24:52 pm by Rob C »

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1371 on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:06 pm »

Thank you for that, Rob. You have rightfully regained your place as photographer/philosopher hero.
A very merry holiday to you!

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

WalterEG

« Reply #1372 on: December 25, 2012, 02:02:07 pm »

Could Christo have been at work at Christmas in this necropolis?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:37:18 pm by WalterEG »

Rob C

« Reply #1373 on: December 25, 2012, 02:59:29 pm »

Walter, are you playing with a Fuji?

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #1374 on: December 25, 2012, 06:24:49 pm »

Walter, are you playing with a Fuji?

Yes indeedy!

Cheers,

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #1375 on: December 31, 2012, 10:21:38 am »

The girl? Suzi G, who also starred in Patrick Lichfield's 1982 epic calendar for Unipart, in Sicily. Not being a belted earl myself, I found it more convenient to allow him the pleasure of testing my girls first. He was seldom wrong, fortunately for us both.

Rob C

Rob, wasn't she the high heeled and stockinged girl leaning against a wall adjusting her shoe in the calendar?

Love your pic of her Sir!

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #1376 on: December 31, 2012, 10:31:33 am »

Work in progress.

Rob C

« Reply #1377 on: December 31, 2012, 12:16:21 pm »

Rob, wasn't she the high heeled and stockinged girl leaning against a wall adjusting her shoe in the calendar?

Love your pic of her Sir!

Thanks, Riaan; yes, she's on the cover of Lichfield's calendar book, too. On the inside of the cover and over two pages lies Georgie, on her tummy, with whom I did my first Tennet's Lager shoot in Mallorca and also used in the Bahamas for Hewden/Stuart Group. Several other girls in his calendars were also on my 'must' list and helped other jobs along... Sweet times.

To be frank, one of the best casting sources was the Sun newspaper which provided much of the exposure those models needed via its Page 3 topless shots. The paper was rubbish, but Beverly Goodway was a grand snapper with good taste, in a difficult medium, with easy-to-trip-over lines! I don't think he ever even stubbed his toe.

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #1378 on: December 31, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »

The paper was rubbish, but Beverly Goodway was a grand snapper with good taste, in a difficult medium, with easy-to-trip-over lines! I don't think he ever even stubbed his toe.
Rob C

I have never heard one of the pommy models I have worked with ever have anything but high praise for Beverly Goodway.  I think he might still be at it.  Is he?

All the best for 2013,

WG

Rob C

« Reply #1379 on: December 31, 2012, 04:50:01 pm »

Hi Walter,

I wouldn't imagine so - at least not with the newspaper. I think I saw something somewhere about him regretting the work he did, type-casting and all, but not sure. Another guy who did well with it was Brian Aris: I think he went off to the States...

I never see those papers anymore - they certainly do come here during the tourist season, but that's probably the only time. I no longer have a reason to look, so I don't bother.

To be honest, beaches and broads have swapped places in my imagination with dancers (ballet) and rehearsal studios etc. and other city locations that I'll probably never see. Unless someone makes me a good offer for the apartment, but for that to happen I'd have to advertise it, then I'd probably change my mind at the first serious buyer. Nothin' new... maybe next year something positive will happen right out of the blue; I like blue, and the blues - musically speaking - even more so. Bloody recesssion. Nobody's buying anything here.

Saw some shots of Sydney on tv today, thought it looked beautiful but can't remember the context. Nothing to do with fireworks, though. Fortunate chap: you live in a wonderfully visual place, but I expect that being familar, it loses its power to charm you, perhaps? I think I remember about Sydney: it couild have been on a programme about migtrating birds called Earthflight, I think. Amazing photography.

Greetings for 2013!

Rob C

P.S. Sadly, turns out that Beverly Goodway died of cancer in November. R.I.P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:03:44 pm by Rob C »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 75   Go Up