Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 477943 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2011, 04:24:46 am »

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I imagine that the 'shaker' mechanism might create as many dust problems as it cures - but I may as well see how it works out in practice, since a problem now already exists and I wouldn't be creating one where non existed, which I have found myself good at doing in the past.

I suppose I can safely return the spaceman suit to the wardrobe, then?

Rob C

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2011, 08:21:02 am »

I suppose I can safely return the spaceman suit to the wardrobe, then?
But keep the tinfoil hat, just in case.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »

But keep the tinfoil hat, just in case.

You think I live in Kansas, with Dorothy?

;-)

Rob C

tokengirl

« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:20 pm »

Tempted Fates.

Another good reason for not buying boats unless you are prepared to obey the natural laws; considering they name mountains after them, observe them at all times.

Another good reason for not buying film again, too.

Rob C

I hate when that happens.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2011, 01:21:45 am »

Tempted Fates.

There is a weird mysticism regarding boat ownership Rob. Changing it's name at the spur of the moment is severely tempting fate- the whole process of name change needs to take some time, and then a party ( with copious amounts of alcohol consumed- to ward of the evil spirits) needs to be held with fellow boat owners to announce the name. Refering to a boat as "male" is not on either, it is always a "she." Swearing on deck is largely frowned upon, especialy if the boat has some mechanical problem.

Rob C

« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2011, 05:17:09 am »

I hate when that happens.

So do I. The little Fletcher (?) was lying on the beach the morning after the mama of all storms. I took myself off to another marina that lives in Mal Pas, across the Bay of Pollensa, and inside the marina it was mayhem too: a row of yachts on the hard had collapsed sideways lke dominoes; other boats had sunk at their moorings and part of the harbour wall had been taken clean out by the waves. It happened in November, 2001. I returned there last week to do some shots of the new baby and to my surprise, the place in which I'd gone to shoot, a small carpark outside the marina, no longer had the huge chains that marked the edge with the sea. (I show a link of that chain in a wesite image called Insurance, or something of that nature.) In their somewhat romantic place, there is now a wall of rocks.

Still, it goes to show you that it's possible to live a few clicks away from somewhere yet not visit it in nine years. We can certainly make a small world even smaller.

Rob C

tokengirl

« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2011, 09:56:06 am »

I was having a bit of fun with Photoshop last night.  :)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #307 on: January 25, 2011, 12:14:22 pm »

Funny, my initial response was my normal workflow.

Remove dust, correct white balance and reduce noise using CS5. Clone out US flag and replace with Australian flag (it's Australia Day today).

Anyway, everyone have a nice day and don't forget to throw a shrimp on the barbie.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

tokengirl

« Reply #308 on: January 25, 2011, 01:16:23 pm »

Tom,

The really funny part is that I spent like two hours cloning out little white dust/particle spots (C41 film, you know how it is) before adding the layer of textured paper.  What the hell was I thinking?  ???

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #309 on: January 25, 2011, 05:51:55 pm »

The funny thing was that I thought the dust that you had on your image looked too digital age and I was going to say that white spots would look more realistic.

cheers,
Tom Brown

Rob C

« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2011, 03:22:44 pm »

Toke -

We were chatting about film/dev combinations some time ago. This was shot on FP4 developed in D76 1+1 and blown up it looks quite nice regarding skin tones - also, the lashes are relatively crisp too.

The girl was my daughter doing her duty as test model for something or another about 35 years ago or thereabouts. When she hit seventeen and got her driving licence, she was her Mum's double. It was a trick of the hair: you couldn't tell which one was driving past, other than by the music which was always too loud in the kid's case. Them wus the days them wus. Just realised: I must have been younger too. Hot damn!

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:40:10 am by Rob C »

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2011, 03:59:01 pm »

I found myself with a few idle hours in Cork City today so I took the camera and nosed around, it was a clear and frosty morning yet there was a scent of spring in the air which was cheering, and boy do we need some of that around here. Anyway, this is known locally as The Wobbly Bridge and you'll know why just as soon as two or more step out on it together -

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:00:57 pm by Justinr »

tokengirl

« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2011, 02:15:19 pm »

Toke -

We were chatting about film/dev combinations some time ago. This was shot on FP4 developed in D76 1+1 and blown up it looks quite nice regarding skin tones - also, the lashes are relatively crisp too.

The girl was my daughter doing her duty as test model for something or another about 35 years ago or thereabouts. When she hit seventeen and got her driving licence, she was her Mum's double. It was a trick of the hair: you couldn't tell which one was driving past, other than by the music which was always too loud in the kid's case. Them wus the days them wus. Just realised: I must have been younger too. Hot damn!

;-)

Rob C

Lovely!  Love the "moody teenager" look!

Rob C

« Reply #313 on: January 31, 2011, 02:27:01 pm »

Thanks Toke; one of the few times she got away without having to carry one of those cards with 5.6, 6.3, 8, etc. held in front of her. The cards were made by pressing Letraset to clear acetate and using that as a negative. I still have them to this day - I wonder why I kept them - would have made more sense to try and find space for all my negs instead of selling them off to the clients that thought they could use them after I'd left the UK, and destroying the rest. Oh well; you reap what you sow.

Ciao

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2011, 04:51:14 am »

Rob, Latest movie, this is a downsampled frame from the movie still in pp as it comes from camera, no retouching at all. I setted my White balance to get this tone. I almost falled in love with this actriz. Elle a du chien! My god! Save me from so many temptations  ::)

C'est la bouche, c'est la bouche! How could you possibly be expected to resist the hidden smile in those lips? Terrible thought: maybe you were not supposed to resist? Quel dommage! ¡Una lástima! An entire lifetime passes slowly in front of the eyes and into the mists of the past... pero la próxima vez - mas listo?

What was the movie about - for whom? If it's not still confidential and under wraps, of course?

Ciao

Rob C

P.S. I love those little wrinkles under the eye on the left of the shot; so much more attractive than sheets of high-gloss plastic! I really do find a certain suggestion of maturity and experience so much mnore fascinating than perma-teen pretend!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:55:35 am by Rob C »

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2011, 07:44:52 am »

Yeah me too..

Athena

« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2011, 12:11:50 pm »

I will play. :)

Other Worlds

Rob C

« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2011, 12:30:29 pm »

There used to be a great poster'n'print shop called Athena once... (U.K.) At least, I think that's what its name was, but like many such adventures into art it didn't last for ever and owed its trajectory to the glories of the 60s ethos..

Interesting image - welcome.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »

I love this thread... for the opportunity to be all over the place and ramble just about anything, "just for the hell of it", as Rob put it.

So, while I am sitting in a warm room, waiting for the "epic blizzard" to hit Chicago area tonight, here is my rambling on the following:

Tunisia, Egypt, Social Media & My Father

It is funny how the stream of consciousness works: one moment you listen to the news about social upheavals in Tunisia and Egypt, and the role social media played in facilitating it... and the next you remember your own father, 87-year old, spending his dementia-filled days alone on another continent.

So what, you might ask, does my father have to do with Tunisia, Egypt and social media?  Apart from a tourist visit to Tunisia about 20 years ago, not much with the first two, but I could not help wondering what his old days might have been if he would have access to the modern tools of communication, email, Facebook, internet forums, etc. Actually technology is there, but he missed the opportunity long time ago to learn it and stay current. As much as I might hate social media for giving the false sense of communication with people you could actually really communicate with, through phone calls, personal visits, letters, even emails, I must admit it plays a certain role in facilitating communication with people too far to reach in person.

Or take this forum for instance... no matter where in the world you are or how old or young you are (of feel)... you can exchange ideas, debate them, find like-minded people,  virtual friends (or enemies), or have a good (rhetorical) fight occasionally... in other words, someone to talk to, when nobody else is around.

Anyway, enough with my ramblings... and since this is a photo thread, here is photo of my father I took last year. And to satisfy your photographic curiosity, it was taken with a Canon G10, window light, ISO 800... I asked my daughter to hold a white t-shirt in front of his face, to reflect some of that window light into the shadows. Post-processing in LR3:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:27:50 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

fredjeang

« Reply #319 on: February 02, 2011, 05:05:06 pm »

C'est la bouche, c'est la bouche! How could you possibly be expected to resist the hidden smile in those lips? Terrible thought: maybe you were not supposed to resist? Quel dommage! ¡Una lástima! An entire lifetime passes slowly in front of the eyes and into the mists of the past... pero la próxima vez - mas listo?

What was the movie about - for whom? If it's not still confidential and under wraps, of course?

Ciao

Rob C

P.S. I love those little wrinkles under the eye on the left of the shot; so much more attractive than sheets of high-gloss plastic! I really do find a certain suggestion of maturity and experience so much mnore fascinating than perma-teen pretend!
La bouche, oui! It's bloody under wraps. Not because of me, but the producers want balckout 1 mounth after release because as always, there is an exclusivity. So before end of March nothing. Those guys could work for the CIA.
It's for MTV spain.
I have more suggestive frames to enhance male senses but Lu-La being a serious victorian forum I do not dare. (in fact, suggestive have been abandoned by the prod because not "politicaly correct", there are parents associations and church that could demand). I think I'd like to sign for Rammstein sometimes...

Slobodan, you really look like your father. It's nice to see some private pics from members. I also really like this thread.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:30:20 pm by fredjeang »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75   Go Up