Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 477726 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:33 am »

Speaking of window shades put me in mind of Harper Valley PTA.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:11 pm »

Nice cloudless day today, until around 4pm, and then it got pretty cold so I retreated indoors and to the computer, where I found this fairly old shot which seems to be from the first few test shots with the D200 and probably the 24mm.

Anyway, I rather see the old warmth than feel the current cold.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:22:49 pm by Rob C »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2010, 12:34:38 pm »

Speaking of window shades put me in mind of Harper Valley PTA.

Thank God for Google so that I can figure out in a split second what your obscure (for me) reference means :) I am much less lucky in tracking down the original meaning of "midget revolting" though :(

Rob C

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2010, 02:38:43 pm »

Thank God for Google so that I can figure out in a split second what your obscure (for me) reference means :) I am much less lucky in tracking down the original meaning of "midget revolting" though :(

And to imagine that I thought you were going to tell me I had knocked off a great 'late evening Ektachrome impersonation' with that D200!

Rob C

tokengirl

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »

Gravity-defying pants.  I must have followed this guy for 20 minutes waiting for them to fall, but they never did.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2010, 01:30:38 am »

Gravity-defying pants. ...

Why does that remind me of this:  :D

Rob C

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2010, 03:37:26 am »

Hi Slobodan

Whilst the stereotyped social politics in the image are almost totally screwed, since there's as much human lard dragging around in Europe as anywhere else, I have to say that I find the entire tanga/thong concept revolting; an absolute failure of design for purpose. Yuck!

I am the first to admit that it (thong, not lard) may have a place in some forms of 'glamour' photography (another purloined word that usually indicates anything but glamour in the same way that gay no longer indicates cheerful), but for the vast majority of people - I meant women, but who the hell knows anymore - who might wear such a thing, it must represent the epitome of discomfort, quite apart from its inability to afford any possible hygienic function nor even offer the basics of warmth and shelter!

Toke

I used to imagine that I was guilty of wasting much of my own time, but twenty minutes chasing a piece of tail! Makes me think of Alain and his wait for the sun to illuminate the canyon. Oh well, as he says, to each his or her own.

Rob C

grouchomarx

• http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2010, 04:50:38 am »

EU 1 - US 0:

grouchomarx
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:55:03 am by grouchomarx »
"It's all so boring here, Margo - there's nothing but playboys and tennis pros."
http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2010, 11:23:48 am »

...I have to say that I find the entire tanga/thong concept revolting; an absolute failure of design for purpose. Yuck!...

Damn right, Rob! While in the past one needed to separate layers of underwear to get to the… You Know What, nowadays, one needs to separate the YKW to get to the underwear!  ;)

Rob C

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2010, 11:44:45 am »

Damn right, Rob! While in the past one needed to separate layers of underwear to get to the… You Know What, nowadays, one needs to separate the YKW to get to the underwear!  ;)

That's rather well put; suitably graphic for a photographic venue such as this. Might pull a few heads out from the bushes. Or the rocks.

Let's be brutally honest: the joy vanished when suspender belts became passé. Well, for the sake of transparency, I don't really have any recent, verified knowledge of the above, but Victoria and her blessed Secrets notwithstanding, I see precious few fastener bumps around mid-thigh any more.  Nor anywhere else, for that matter. What a shame. As with the virtual passing of film, so many beautiful babies are thrown out with the bathwater. And you know what? I never ever heard a feminist scream to burn your belt, only your bra, which in the right circumstances might be a grand idea. Perhaps they were really on our side all along, those sisters.

But what do I know - I've had heart attacks. And pills.

;-(

Rob C

grouchomarx

• http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2010, 12:27:16 pm »

[...]
Let's be brutally honest: the joy vanished when suspender belts became passé.
[...]

Rob C

Google search results:

Suspender Belts: 114,000 results
Thong: 28,300,000 results

Still prefer the suspender belts...

Without entering unduly into technicalities, cheeky panties are probably a good compromise (by the way, 265000 google results)

;D ;D ;D

grouchomarx
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:33:50 pm by grouchomarx »
"It's all so boring here, Margo - there's nothing but playboys and tennis pros."
http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/

Rob C

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2010, 02:26:20 pm »

Google search results:

Suspender Belts: 114,000 results
Thong: 28,300,000 results

Still prefer the suspender belts...

Without entering unduly into technicalities, cheeky panties are probably a good compromise (by the way, 265000 google results)

;D ;D ;D

grouchomarx

Figures, figures, figures!

Rob C

tokengirl

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:18 pm »

I have to say that I find the entire tanga/thong concept revolting; an absolute failure of design for purpose. Yuck!

I am right there with you on this one.  Flossing is something you're supposed to do for your teeth.

Rob C

« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2010, 04:02:06 am »

I am right there with you on this one.  Flossing is something you're supposed to do for your teeth.

Oh Jesus, there goes my breakfast - all over my knees.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2010, 10:25:41 am »

Okay, got over the floss, but the weather was rotten at lunchtime so, rather than face the wet hike to the car, I made something to eat at home. That almost joined breakfast. Next time, rain or shine, I go out.

Anyway, that meant I had more time to waste at the alter of the computer, and I found this from brighter afternoons.

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:23:38 pm by Rob C »

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2010, 02:52:50 pm »

Anyway, that meant I had more time to waste at the alter of the computer, and I found this from brighter afternoons.

Rob C

Bright seems to be an understatement Rob. Ethereal might be a better description. 

Rob C

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2010, 03:10:51 pm »

Bright seems to be an understatement Rob. Ethereal might be a better description.  

You mean as in astronomy? Heavely bodies?

Rob C

EDIT: I could have done with Coot's 2/200mm; I think this might have been my old 3.5/135 or the equally old 4/200, though the latter would probably have vignetted more. Anyway, Kodachrome 64 Pro and no fill.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:16:35 pm by Rob C »

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2010, 03:36:26 pm »

You mean as in astronomy? Heavely bodies?

Rob C

Yup. Afterall, stars can brighten up the darkest night.

Rob C

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 04:43:36 pm »

This one's sort of bitter sweet.

A Kodachrome shot during a happy cruise, to be followed a while later by further shots for the broker's brochure... poor health hits anyone. This boat was destined for the Amazon, but neither owner nor boat made it. Still, as long as you enjoy what you can whilst it's there for you, you can do no more in this life.

Rob C
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:24:21 pm by Rob C »

tokengirl

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 05:44:08 pm »

Still, as long as you enjoy what you can whilst it's there for you, you can do no more in this life.

Bittersweet indeed.  Enjoy the Kodachrome while you still can (until December 30th).  I've 4 more rolls left to shoot.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 75   Go Up