Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 477737 times)

Rob C

Re: Without Prejudice
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 03:50:41 am »

Hi Rob. Good idea. Here's an orphan shot from earlier this year in Scotland.

Thanks Dave, I'm glad folks are taking it up!

Your signs are a collective criticism of the Health Service; sort of naming your options when you cross those heavenly portals.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 03:57:42 am »

Last weekend @ Porto:

Train Station:

Loved the black/whites; I'm far too chicken to take the camera out in the rain! There's something about rain shots that's very powerful - those old Parisians did a lot of it - maybe they had little choice - but some memorable shots came out of it. Well done, even if Porto isn't 'on the plain' and should have been dry!

Rob C

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 06:11:04 am »

@ Rob C: thanks for starting this thread, some beautiful, worthwhile as well as humorous pictures show up that otherwise would never be seen by others.

Also allows me to post some stuff that caught my eye, but have no other meaning than to chuckle when looking back at them later.

Like this one: London seems to take good care of their old pieces  8)
pieter, aka pegelli

Rob C

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2010, 06:27:02 am »

pegelli

Thanks for the laugh! I bet the humour was not even imagined by those responsible for the sign.

Rob C
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:15:50 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 11:22:56 am »

Sometimes, when a job goes sour, it can seem like the end of the world. On this shoot, it went so sour I didn't even get my model shot trannies back from the client. So, all I have to show for Africa is one friggin' shot of a mountain taken as we were waiting for the truck to take us overland to Mombasa and the next leg of the job...

Trust me, hatred exists and can be mutual.

Oh well, not all memories can be sweet.

Rob C
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:12:29 pm by Rob C »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 12:08:24 pm »

Fred, I loooove the umbrella photo for composition, light, content and the metallic-blue sky!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 12:20:36 pm »

… Regarding the later colour shots with the mobile: I had no idea you could get that sort of quality (at least, on a monitor) out of them. My movil has no camera. Yet….

Rob, given your love for model photography, and your question about mobile phone photo quality, here is something for you:

"An ad campaign shot entirely on a mobile phone camera? Well, Sony Ericsson -- claiming to be the first -- has done it, using the C905, ostensibly to prove what an awesome (8.1-megapixel) camera it boasts. The results can be found exclusively in December's issue of FHM…"

fredjeang

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 12:25:59 pm »

Fred, I loooove the umbrella photo for composition, light, content and the metallic-blue sky!
Thanks Slobodan.
I found that the umbrela was kind of contrasting in an humoristic way the little silouhettes. The metallic sky is mostly because I was very close to the sun, while for the nacked photographer, taken at the same moment I'm back to it. So I just pushed further what was already there.

This nacked guy (was a nudist beach) spent at least 2 hours shooting like that the sea and his chubby partner that does not appear here, in a very erotic beach session. The girl was playing with a bottle, dropping water on her breast and the guy was shooting from 20cm from all possible angles.

I told you Rob, what are you missing not going to the beaches!

edit: hey, great mobile the Sony Slodoban! Mine is also a Sony Ericson but just 3MP. I think I will update very soon.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:33:16 pm by fredjeang »

Rob C

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 01:36:10 pm »

You guys must be going nuts!

I already have three cameras, one that's film and never gets used; another that's cropped format and never gets used and the latest that's FF and seldom gets used!

You think I want to grow up to be a curator?

;-)

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2010, 01:56:41 pm »

During a trip to the Bahamas we were introduced to a man who owned a slice of an island. He offered to take us out to it so we could shoot with greater freedom than we had on New Providence or Paradise Island.

It was a great speedboat ride out, the girls rather silent the whole trip, both hands holding tightly upwards to compensate for not knowing that fast boats bounce like on concrete...

Then it was my turn to feel doubtful. We tied up to a similar little pier as in the picture (same island) and where I had been expecting white or pink sand, I discovered a wall of rock. Great; a wasted day. We climbed up the track to the low summit and on to where the guy was building a house; at that stage, he'd managed to erect a bar - a fine sense of priorities. So, with ice in a plastic bathtub and bottles of this, that and the other, we had the makings of a great picnic, if not a lot more.

As he was setting up with his man Friday - a huge bloke - he suggested we continue along the path up from the sea and look to see if anything grabbed our photographic imaginations. A little disappointed, as I said, we did that and after some time we started going downwards and boom! The perfect strip of beach!

So there you are, a sense of humour from a generous man.

Rob C
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:12:55 pm by Rob C »

fredjeang

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:03 pm »

Haa Rob, this pic is almost provocative. Now that we are going to enter the "castilla winter" with all it's goodies. I wish I where neighborhood to Tokengirl. Where she is, no hassle, no calefación, no snow like this one in Madrid but beaches, yatchs, crocodiles and dogs

grouchomarx

• http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 03:20:58 pm »

"Little cute news reporter plus onlooker"

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:22:33 pm by grouchomarx »
"It's all so boring here, Margo - there's nothing but playboys and tennis pros."
http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 03:31:04 pm »

Since we seem to be complaining about the weather, let me log my complaint against Parisian summer weather  :)

Rob C

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 04:41:10 pm »

Ah, the weather.

Yet, look at the great stuff you folks are posting because of the weather! That's a seriously artistic shot of Paris - better watch yourself, Slobodan, or you'll get caught up in the art world... And Fred, snow makes me freeze even in photographs. I don't think I could put my hands on a snow image of my own to save my life. I think I had a couple many years ago, but many years ago it never occurred to me that I might one day want to have pics for their own sake.

That means that there's pretty well nothing from any of my travels other than what survived from work. No personal images of much of anything at all. Now, too late, I would have liked to have had something other than in my head. C'est la vie.

Rob C

fredjeang

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 05:06:20 pm »

Yes we have a good palette of shity weather, from Porto, to Paris and Madrid.

The only picture that we need now is one of those Tokengirl's or Lisa's trips in Bora Bora, you know those with cristal clear water, lazy people swimming or taking the sun on the yachts decks  :P just to make sure about our citizen conditions above the 30th parallel

Or...a Rob's nacked breast model from the Bahamas in the pure style of Pirelli to warm us up a little bit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:03:46 pm by fredjeang »

Rob C

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 04:33:22 am »

Okay, Fred, not one but two in a Baja Mares from my Biscuit Tin.

If you look carefully - at the faces - you will see the girls are far from happy. The concern isn't about the sun, it's about a real snake that crept rather rapidly along the sand towards us. I always imagined that snakes would avoid people if they could, but this one was either deaf, blind or just curious. Whatever, I told them not to move because that would spook it, so they froze. As you can see. In the event, it must only have been looking for its girlfriend because it kept right on ahead until it vanished into the shrubbery. We avoided the shrubbery after that.

It was jet black, not particularly long, and definitely not a worm.

Rob C
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:13:31 pm by Rob C »

fredjeang

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2010, 05:21:04 am »

Rob, looking at your picture, I don't know if you remember the french singer call "antoine"
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_(chanteur)

Well, he was and is really clever. What he did was to embrassed the peace and love movement with a couple of successfull songs. When he did money, he bought a boat and sailed right to Tahiti. No more Paris hassles, he would spend his life under tropical seas. Each time he runs out of money, he has an agent in Paris and organise a come back on tv with the same songs, or write a book about how to navigate happy arround Bora Bora... spend a week in Paris to sign the book and then, back again to the Pacific. Now he's doing business through internet so he doesn't have to be any more in Paris.

His website: http://www.antoine.tv/  tells all.

Clever man.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:24:22 am by fredjeang »

Rob C

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2010, 06:26:56 am »

I didn't know about him, but as you said, a clever man.

I mentioned a while back that I had neglected to make 'personal' pix of my travels, and looking at his work I realise I didn't even pick the right islands!

Well, if one could live life over again, I'm sure some things would be kept the same and some altered. Unfortunately, as a photographer, I lived well enough to feel happy(ish) but never made the money to finance great adventures on my own. That was always the rôle of the clients, to polish my wanderlust!

Well, it's pouring just now and I'm contemplating whether to go out for lunch and brave the elements, or, just stay home and make more pasta. Sitting at home eating pasta, looking put of the window at wall-to-wall grey is not a comforting thought. I think going out today wins.

Ciao

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 02:41:44 pm »

A friend of mine, computer programer, concentrating on the code on his screen, illuminated by a sliver of late afternoon light squeezing through closed shades.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:42:29 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 03:24:17 pm »

...Dostoevsky lumine...
A common woman~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 75   Go Up