Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR3 upgrade question  (Read 1074 times)

Greg D

LR3 upgrade question
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:21:08 pm »

Am I correct in presuming that the only difference in a full version of LR3 and an upgrade is the type of serial number?  (That is, when installing an upgrade, it also requests your previous version's serial number.)  Or is there more to it than that?  If I install a full version of LR3 as opposed to an upgrade, will it: a) wipe out my keywords, presets, etc from LR2, or b) install separately from LR2, or c) install just like an upgrade, with proper respect for my existing LR2 settings?  (I'm thinking it's probably "c", but not sure.)  You ask, why would I buy a new full version instead of an upgrade?  Well, as an academic employee, I can get a good deal on LR3 (not all that much more $$ than an upgrade, really), then I have a couple less serial numbers to keep up with, and I can legally give my LR1 & 2 to a deserving friend.  Make sense?

Thanks,
Greg

francois

Re: LR3 upgrade question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:31:55 am »

Yes, you are correct. The trial version is the full-featured version. You just need to enter the new serial along with the serial number of version 2.x and you're ready to work.
Before upgrading, I would make a backup copy if your existing Lightroom catalog.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up