Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to stop wasting roll canvas on epson printers?  (Read 1977 times)

sbaldassari

How to stop wasting roll canvas on epson printers?
« on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:31 am »

I am using an epson 9880 which insists on feeding out about a foot of canvas everytime I re-start the printer.  Even if I roll it back up in the machine, when the print job starts it re-aligns itself and wastes 8-12".  How do I prevent this?

Inanda Images

Re: How to stop wasting roll canvas on epson printers?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 01:23:01 pm »

In the Epson 880 drivers under the Roll Paper Option the auto rotate needs to be checked. I find that the canvas profile (any canvas profile) will turn this off. When I flip back to Galerie Gold I have to manually reset this option unless I let Qimage reset the driver settings which I find is the fastest way to reset the printer driver settings in my 9880. Hope this helps.

Mark Prins
Inanda iMages
Whitehorse YT

sbaldassari

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 01:33:21 pm »

Thanks! looks like this will fix the problem, I will check it out next time I print.

Passnga

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:05:36 pm »

Another thing to look at is whether you have loaded the canvas with the cutter off on the printers front panel. I tend to load all rolls of media, canvas or otherwise with the cutter turned on and choose within the driver to cut or not.
If you are choosing Canvas as you media type within the driver, it will automatically disable the cutter.
The media advancement will always happen if you load rolls, any media, with the cutter turned off from the printers front panel. Also if the the roll is loaded with the cutter turned off and you select to cut within the driver, the printer will not cut. It will just advance the media forward, as if to cut then back to where it finished.

Hope this helps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up