Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z2100/3100: Driver setting ICM: Activated or Deactivated  (Read 965 times)

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Z2100/3100: Driver setting ICM: Activated or Deactivated
« on: October 28, 2010, 05:22:51 am »

Hi,

in its "advanced options" (see the JPEG attached) the printer driver offers ICM activation/deactivation. The standard setting is deactivated. I always let the application (Lightroom in my case) handle the color management, so I wonder what this settings is for. It seems to be something HP specific!?

Does anybody know something about this ICM stuff?

And, there is a 16bit compatibility mode also? Same question here: What exactly is for?

BTW, Is there a description available on these printer driver settings and their impact on the prints?

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z2100/3100: Driver setting ICM: Activated or Deactivated
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:54:22 am »

Based on the Z3100/Z3200 that I have, where that choice is in the normal CM menu not the advanced mode..

There are still applications that have no CM. If you print from that kind of applications, have the images assigned to  sRGB or AdobeRGB and/or edited in those spaces, you can use the driver's CM. Which is based on LUT's, not on profiles but will give adequate color for the HP media.

For B&W mode on the Z3100/Z3200 HP recommends the use of driver's CM and application CM set to "Let driver control CM" and it expects the images to be based on sRGB or AdobeRGB or Gamma 2.2 (greyscale image). The last is an addition by me as the only common thing in both color spaces for B&W images will be the more or less Gamma 2.2 character.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up