Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Color Temp as Local Adjustment  (Read 1252 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Feature Request - Color Temp as Local Adjustment
« on: October 26, 2010, 09:21:48 pm »

I have been playing with Niks new Viveza2 as a plugin for Lightroom and am finding it really quite powerful and very quick to make adjustments that would otherwise take much longer in PS. This post isnt about Viveza2; but its worth noting that once you have finished editing a RAW file in LR and want to make further adjustments to the image Viveza2 is very powerful and convenient.

One of the things I really like is the ability selectively apply colour temperature adjustments to different parts of the image. Andy Biggs has a really good example of this on his blog at the moment. Its a very useful and powerful creative tool in this regard.

It struck me that the ability to do local color temp adjustments in LR should be a relatively easy addition to the current line up of local adjustments. And whilst the engineers are busy adding this feature it would also be nice to have individual colour control via local adjustments. Say, as an example, just being able to saturate the reds only in the selected local adjustment area. At present, if there is also another colour in the local adjustment selection it gets increased in saturation as well as the red - not necessarily what the photographer wants.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Feature Request - Color Temp as Local Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:30:43 pm »

One of the things I really like is the ability selectively apply colour temperature adjustments to different parts of the image. Andy Biggs has a really good example of this on his blog at the moment. Its a very useful and powerful creative tool in this regard.

Already pretty easy to do with the Color adjustment of the Adjustment Brush and toggling between a "cooling" color and a "warming" color (two separate pins)...it's also helpful to understand and know when to use (and not use) the Auto Mask function either for adding or subtracting where the cooling and warming occurs.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:54:34 am »

I agree with Josh too, loacal CT & HSL would be really useful.
Using the colour overlay lacks finesse.

stamper

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:03:46 am »

I posted a while back about the possibility of Adobe basing their tools on the Viveza plug in. I didn't get a response. Probably confidential. I too have Viveza and find it better than ACR but you are working on the pixels rather than the raw data. Definitely worth the money and the ACR tools seem a bit primitive after being used to Viveza. I just wish the image would fill the screen at the default level. I know you can zoom but the zoom tool isn't the best which is my one gripe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up