Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF6300 pen clogging / cleaning  (Read 1275 times)

transco

Canon iPF6300 pen clogging / cleaning
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:57:40 pm »

How the 6300 as far as pen clogging goes?  How about with infrequent use?  When it detects a clog does it just flush out the affected pens, or all 12 colors?   I've probably put more ink in the maintenance tank than on paper with my current printer and I don't want to get into that situation with whatever I buy to replace it. With Canon's current promotional rebate on this printer it is certainly worth putting it on the purchase short list if the cost per print is competitive and, in part, that depends how much ink goes on the paper and how much is wasted due to pen clogs. 

hsmeets

Re: Canon iPF6300 pen clogging / cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:13:40 am »

The HP and Canon's are frugal (compared to epson) with ink in cleaning, but this comes with a caveat: at some point in the future HP and Canon requires the print heads to be replaced.

Afaik the epson ink is cheaper per ml and somewere there is a break even between: ink consumption costs versus replacing printing heads. The only trouble is: nobody knows how long the print heads will last as it is highly depending on many factors.

Cheers,

Huib

John Hollenberg

Re: Canon iPF6300 pen clogging / cleaning
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:08 am »

Early reports to the Canon iPF Wiki (2007) suggested a bit over 2 ml ink per day went to waste if printer was left on, but very lightly used.  That has been improved substantially in the newer models.  For example, I believe there was one report of an average of 0.35 ml per day ink going to waste for the iPFX100 generation.  For the newer iPFX300 generation, I don't think we have any reports yet.  Since the Lucia EX ink set is different, and the print heads are different than previous generation, the ink waste could be more or less.  Canon Wiki is here:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up