Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Machu Pichu in January 'wet season'  (Read 2284 times)

sanfairyanne

Machu Pichu in January 'wet season'
« on: October 24, 2010, 09:58:57 am »

Has anyone been to Machu Pichu in Peru during January?

I know this is the wet season but I wonder if it's worth going anyway. I mean it could be ideal, I have never been to South America before, I'm English and although our weather is famous for rain I'm not sure if I can compare English weather with Peruvian.

It costs about $30 for a daily pass and I'm prepared to go every day for about a week or so in the hope of a good shot so it's not as though I'm only prepared to give it only one day.

I'd be very grateful for some help on this matter as I'm about to book flights and they're going up in price day by day.

Thanks

walter.sk

Re: Machu Pichu in January 'wet season'
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 10:09:46 am »

Well, if you take some protective measures, such as the "raincoats" for camera and lens, you could get some pictures that would be very different from the usual Machu Pichu pictures.  You might have to forgo the wide shots, but close in on something that shows the wet stone and terrain perhaps including some people either fending off the raindrops or enjoying them.

sanfairyanne

Re: Machu Pichu in January 'wet season'
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 02:20:23 pm »

Thanks Walter,

Actually I've booked a ticket into La Paz Bolivia and will make the salt mines at the Salar de Uyuni my starting point. January being the wet season I understand there's usually a few inches of water on the salt, giving awesome reflections. I guess I'll leave Machu Pichu until later in the year.

Many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up