Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you set up printing for pano's? CS4 or NX2  (Read 709 times)

Aristoc

how do you set up printing for pano's? CS4 or NX2
« on: October 22, 2010, 07:37:49 am »

Hi

I am having some trouble setting up the printing in CS4 or NX2 to  print a long pano. IT's 13 inches wide approx. I don't know the exact dimensions of the length . Shouldn't the software do it automatically?

I am not clear on how to set up the printing in CS4 or NX2 because I know the width of the paper but the pano is much longer and there is no exact length for each pano.

HOw can I set up the initial print dialogue boxes?  it's not very clear

I am using the R1900 printer.

thanks

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: how do you set up printing for pano's? CS4 or NX2
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 07:56:46 am »

Yes, you'll have to calculate the size of the print - I agree the software should do that, bou it doesn't (you'd need a RIP for that).
So, take the 13" width and allow for some margins (1/2" eg), your image is 12" high, so you'll know the length accordingly and add those margins again (you may use the image size dialog, as long as you don't resample the image unadvertantly).
Set a custom paper size in the printer driver with those dimensions, and you're good to go.
Of course, you'll have to set one custom size for each image...
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Aristoc

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:06:07 am »

Yes Niko thaks for that . I was looking at the image size dialogue to help me out but I didn't know that's how you do it. WIll give it a go.

Thanks for the answer.

AveryRagan

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:47:19 pm »

Try Lightroom. It is easy to set up a template for printing to any size you need.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up